Misfortunes.....

Lanzfeld

"A Series Of Misfortunes" that is....

The second time I played it I got a "Draw". I doubt I can do THAT again and I had many little instances of luck to get it! What a nightmare. I got as many tanks as I could down the side of the map and then tried to get as many of the guns to keep turning as I could. They seem to traverse slow so I tried to exploit that handicapp. I did defeat every gun but I took too many losses and it was a draw.

Are we suppost to be able to beat this one? No way that can happen without an incredible stroke of luck.

This battle should be called "Take The Beating Like A Man."

I loved it though.

Heh heh.

CM ain't like all those scripted shooter games where you've got to figure out the exact procedure needed to beat the game. Some scenarios should be considered 'learning experiences', as in learning just how badly things can go wrong. On the bright side, it feels really really REALLY good on those times when you prevail and conquer in what had been supposed to be a no-win scenario!

[ November 17, 2005, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

I picked that scenario out of the book because it proves that any General could have a bad day. Rommel ordering the regiment to attack, basically doomed it. People HAVE won the scenario, but I'll admit I was surprised by that. I figured if you try hard, a draw is a good result, or even a minor victory. If you have the book, make sure you read that chapter.

Rune