where's my rifle grenades?

jgawne

I have to say the AK demo is much more impressive than I had thought. Great stuff.

But I was disapointed to not see the US rifle grenades. Maybe they weren't that much, but they were essentially the same warhead as a bazooka, and could be used to great effect as 'door knockers' in towns.

Maybe I missed something, bbut they did provide a decent margin of close AT weapondry for the PBI.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
But I was disapointed to not see the US rifle grenades. Maybe they weren't that much, but they were essentially the same warhead as a bazooka, and could be used to great effect as 'door knockers' in towns.

Something i don't understand:

why did they bother with the bazooka while the rifle grenade were essentially the same warhead.

Or is "essentially the same" not "the same" if you know what i mean.

Originally posted by 1st Shirt:

This link might be of some help. http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/grndrifl.htm

Another example of dedicated rifle grenades was the M9/M9A1 HEAT anti-tank grenade. The M9 weighed about 1.3 pounds, contained a shaped charge similar to the bazooka AT rocket, could penetrate 3 to 4 inches of armor, and had a maximum effective range of 250 yards (probable effectiveness about 100 yards).

ie gammon bombs, Hawkin mines, etc. [/QB]
Are these in the game? I played a game last night with '44 pattern British Airborne and they had no such thing. Do they only appear in '45? Now I'm gonna have to go check...

There's something deeply satisfying in the game about taking out enemy heavy armor with only hand held AT and close assaults...

- b.

A bit off topic.

Originally posted by redwolf:

It is much more difficult to hit anything with the rifle grenade.

Which is exactly why i thought it was BS when in BoB they took out that MG team on the roof with one shot from a rifle grenade.

Originally posted by photon:

There's something deeply satisfying in the game about taking out enemy heavy armor with only hand held AT and close assaults...

- b.

I concur 100%. ;)

Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 1st Shirt:

This link might be of some help. http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/grndrifl.htm

Another example of dedicated rifle grenades was the M9/M9A1 HEAT anti-tank grenade. The M9 weighed about 1.3 pounds, contained a shaped charge similar to the bazooka AT rocket, could penetrate 3 to 4 inches of armor, and had a maximum effective range of 250 yards (probable effectiveness about 100 yards).
</font>

It is much more difficult to hit anything with the rifle grenade.
Which is exactly why i thought it was BS when in BoB they took out that MG team on the roof with one shot from a rifle grenade.
Redwolf and MeatEtr: Either of you gents ever actually fire a rifle grenade or see first hand the effects of a grenade exploding?

For myself, my answers are yes and yes...

[ December 27, 2003, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: 1st Shirt ]

Were they widely available these HEAT rifle grenade if you don't mind me calling them that, or were they rarer than the maus...

Originally posted by photon:

And the molotov gave the biggest rush of them all,

maybe that's why the ruskies stuck with them, after all these were the people who gave name to a twisted and deeply disturbing version of roulette :D .

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />It is much more difficult to hit anything with the rifle grenade.

Redwolf and MeatEtr: Either of you gents ever actually fire a rifle grenade or see first hand the effects of a grenade exploding?

For myself, my answers are yes and yes... </font>

So....are you saying its easy or common that one could hit a target the size of 2 men at say around 100 yards away and about 3 stories high on a roof with a rifle grenade in 1 shot? (judging from the BoB scene) Grant it, i know the shot doesn't have to be perfect since a grenade exploding just has to be relatively close. But in BoB his shot was just too perfect and i don't buy it. I categorize that in the BS cabinet. tongue.gif

Originally posted by redwolf:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />It is much more difficult to hit anything with the rifle grenade.

For myself, my answers are yes and yes... </font>

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

So....are you saying its easy or common that one could hit a target the size of 2 men at say around 100 yards away and about 3 stories high on a roof with a rifle grenade in 1 shot? (judging from the BoB scene) Grant it, i know the shot doesn't have to be perfect since a grenade exploding just has to be relatively close. But in BoB his shot was just too perfect and i don't buy it. I categorize that in the BS cabinet. tongue.gif </font>

Originally posted by von Lucke:

Question is, which does CM:AK model; the HEAT version as described above or the standard issue hand grenade.

Based on my observations (i.e; Ami rifle grenades in CMAK are used like panzerfaust rounds), I'd say the HEAT version. </font>