Printable Manual?

I like to have a printed manual and don't mind printing the whole thing. Problem is that by copying to a word processor you lose all the images and there's no way to copy them from a pdf to the word processor. It would be really nice to have a printer friendly manual with a game that doesn't come with a printed manual.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Since rich lives in the States he probably has the printed partial manual that comes with the game. What he wants is the full manual in print. I think.

Michael

If he bought the DVD pack, he'll have the partial manual. If he bought direct from BFC, he'll have the full manual (like wot I have).

I have the small booklet that came with the game and would like to print the entire manual, with images. All it would take is getting rid of the brown border and light tan background from each page. If BFC (or anyone with an Adobe program, really) could do that it would be nice.

Try using Adobe Acrobat Pro to export the manual to however you want.

Edit: Tested it and it comes out as 85 pages RTF :eek: but looks OK with pics all in the right place minus background.

[ July 06, 2005, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Oh sure. And do you have any idea what that costs? (shakes head)

I've been looking online for a pdf editor. They're all at least $50-100. So far as I can tell there are no free ones.

And I still feel that since the game didn't come with a manual, the least BFC can do is provide a pdf file that is suitable for printing without using a whole color cartridge. I really don't think that's an unreasonable request.

I got 85 pages = 8.5 cartridges - can you haggle?

Originally posted by rich12545:

I'd like to print out a copy of the manual but with the brown border and tan background it looks like it'll use a whole color cartridge every ten pages. Is there a copy anywhere that is more printer friendly?

[ July 06, 2005, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

213 in the raw pdf - 85 in the exported RTF version - whoops edit 202! - my bad

Discovered the page numbering and index will be mucked up

BTW Check your mail

Originally posted by rich12545:

The manual has 213 pages. How do you get only 85?

Bottom line is it's going to take someone with a pdf editor and about 5 minutes to do the job.

[ July 06, 2005, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]