Kingfish

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Gpig:

Sweet! Thank you, guys.

Good luck with that Panther, MD.

Playing the A.I., I managed to bag it with one of my Fireflys. But JonS is most likely a smidge better player than the A.I.

;)

Well, the AI doesn't get fatigued by waiting 2 weeks for new turns, nor does it forget much in that period of time. My master plan is taking hold.

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

Interesting, but the lack of MikeyD- and Gurra-ism on the tanks is appalling.

Meh. I knew someone would whine about that.

I goes through waves of mod-slut-ism. I'm in a trough at the moment. I have actuially dl'd MickeyDs Shermans - about a month ago, but haven't gotten round to installing them. I had a 'mare after installing some mods a while ago, where my Canuckian infantry were running around in punk Heer jackets. After I got that mostly cleaned up (I still have no crew portraits for some nationalities) I kinda lost interest in modding.

Originally posted by JonS:

This one is a bit further west in St LAMBERT, still on the D13, still looking toward TRUN. In the foreground is the road that runs from the CHATEU DE QUANTITE to Mt ORMEL. Not a good day for the RCAC:

2132_1024.ts1125042910744.jpg

Here's the view from my perspective

01cm.jpg

And here is the map - a great map, by the way, in terms of realism.

00cm.jpg

Brown areas are higher elevation, naturally.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait a second . . .

Hey Kingfish. Mr. Dorosh stated in another thread that the SAR did not receive Firefly's until September of 44. The month AFTER these battles took place.

I checked my SAR book regarding the engagement at St. Lambert and have not found one specific mention of firefly's being present.

DOH! Sorry about that.

smile.gif

Didn't even occur to me . . .

GPIG, correct. I bought it up with Mike as soon as I saw his trundling down the road (what do you think KO'd the JPz IV?), and I think he passed it on to Kingfish. Reading through the book, it seems that the SARs started getting them in Sept. It took a while to find, to-ing and fro-ing through the text. Keep an eye on the pics, that helps give you a start point for searching.

Maybe it had something to do with being a Recce unit (on paper, at least)?

29th Armd Recce? Although they were utilized as an armoured regmt.

I'll try and dig a little deeper in the text and see what I can find. I seem to remember a chapter that detailed training with the new "17lbrs." Could be wrong though . . .

Gpig

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Good thing my research dept. caught that mistake 5 months after I released the scenarios!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why didn't you just ask us? :confused:

In all seriousness, I love proofreading stuff; if you want to pass Canadian stuff to me for a looksee, I certainly don't mind. I think you got Col. Wotherspoon's name wrong in the game file (the AC). Would be humbling if this was his grandson posting here, huh? :D

Kingfish,

I've got the 3 St-Lam scens dated 24 & 25/Apr/05. Are they the most current? If not, would you send me a latest versions please. I've another PBEM to set up ...

Thanks

Jon

(or should I just DL them from TPG?)

[ September 10, 2005, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: JonS ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Allan Wotherspoon:

Great set of scenarios, but they really would benefit from being linked into a operation.

I'm on the second scenario vs a human opponent and I am having a blast playing the Canadians.

Allan

There isn't a Swotty in your family bloodline, is there? :confused: </font>