Bug in the CMAK/CMBB score calculation

Hi boys!

I have found a little bug in the CMAK/CMBB score calculation.

Each tank crew member has a value of 6 points if regular, 7 points if veteran, 8 point if crack or 9 points if elite. So if I destroy a tank and kill some member of the crew, I gain the value of the tank (its cost without the rarity factor) plus the value of the crew members eliminated.

BUT I gain the points for the crew ONLY if the crew HAS BAILED OUT!

If I destroy the tank AND kill entirely the crew BEFORE it has bailed out, I gain ONLY the points for the tanks!

So, for example a regular T34 model '41 in 1943 has a value of 111 points:

IF I destroy the T34 and kill 3 members of the crew I gain 111 (tank) + 18 points (6 * 3 crew member eliminated) = 129 points.

IF INSTEAD I destroy the T34 and kill all the members of the crew BEFORE they bail out I gain ONLY 111 points!

I think that crews 'don't exist' for the game engine (are a sort of 'attribute' of their tanks) UNTIL they bail out. When they bail out, they become real units with a correct value. If the crew is killed before bailing out, the game engine 'forgets' to give it the right value...

Originally posted by FredKors:

I think that crews 'don't exist' for the game engine (are a sort of 'attribute' of their tanks) UNTIL they bail out. When they bail out, they become real units with a correct value. If the crew is killed before bailing out, the game engine 'forgets' to give it the right value...

You could also argue that this is fair. A crew inside a tank only adds up to one working tank, but a crew outside a tank have (limited) extra value that only comes into play when they bail.

Originally posted by Moon:

Actually this isn't a bug at all. The increased points for the bailed out crew are a way to discourage using the crew for scouting, as bait etc.

Martin

I agree with you if CM gives a points value only to the bailed out members of the crew. But CM gives a value even to the members of the crew killed/wounded in the same attack that has KO their tank. So if I destroy a tank killing/wounding all of the crewmembers BEFORE they bail out I receive only the value of the tank. If instead I destroy a tank and one crewmember bails out, I receive the value of the tank AND the value of the killed/wounded crewmembers. And this is a strange thing (Less effective attack = more points gained) :confused: