Yummy Yummy Yummy, I've Got the Peng Challenge in My Tummy!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

I always hated that song.

dalem you bastiche, now it's going to be stuck in my head all day.

Rule 61 - dalem always makes the best Thread Titles. </font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Imagine, if you will, you are away on a business trip. It's a beautiful day by Lake Michigan; a cool breeze blowing in from the water; a walk down a clean, well-kept city street, followed by fine dining at a nice bistro (halibut with glazed strawberries and just the perfect white wine).

Steve

Eating flounder on the shore of Lake Michigan is where your horrors really began. Maybe the whole phone call was a hallucination brought on by bad fish? California restaurants are brimming with fresh, wild salmon. Juicy, fat beasties. Does gazing over the open water of Lake Michigan while noshing on flounder help you forget that you are stuck in the wasteland of middle America?

Glad to see the same cast of crazies still here. You are best off ignoring me, as I will probably disappear again soon (thus fulfilling your most sincere desires).

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Why should you feel modest about plagiarizing Tolkien? Shame, surely, but modesty?

It doesn't grok.

Plagiarizing? Hardly that, honoring rather. You're just jealous because you aren't me and you were proven wrong in the last thread ... but I don't want to bring up that painful memory for you again.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Why should you feel modest about plagiarizing Tolkien? Shame, surely, but modesty?

It doesn't grok.

Plagiarizing? Hardly that, honoring rather. You're just jealous because you aren't me and you were proven wrong in the last thread ... but I don't want to bring up that painful memory for you again.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

It doesn't grok.

Joe </font>

Okay, I have devised a new rating system in order to classify certain opponents turn-sending rates. I have decided, in order to placate the grogs to use a comparison that they can understand: Rate of Fire of weapons.

1) Boo Radley MG42

2) Joe Shaw BAR

3) Lars M1 Garand

4) dalem Boulder

Yep, that's about it.

Okay, I have devised a new rating system in order to classify certain opponents turn-sending rates. I have decided, in order to placate the grogs to use a comparison that they can understand: Rate of Fire of weapons.

1) Boo Radley MG42

2) Joe Shaw BAR

3) Lars M1 Garand

4) dalem Boulder

Yep, that's about it.

I sent you a turn last night.

Speaking of song titles, do you recall the Eric Clapton title: After Midnight?

Sadly I cannot sleep til noon, LIKE CERTAIN OTHER POSTERS!! </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Speaking of song titles, do you recall the Eric Clapton title: After Midnight?

Sadly I cannot sleep til noon, LIKE CERTAIN OTHER POSTERS!! </font>

Turns are out!!

I'm keeping my semi monthly apathetic schedule now. I'm now down to three real opponents because Yecknod was a waste of time in challenging.

I should have known better.

Booflydon'tbotherme is not dying yet because he's cowering behind a building.

Il Dalemini is dying and dying well. He get's a lucky shot in now and then but his burning tanks lend a certain poetic justice to the landscape.

LeeOh is not dying fast enough and he's gamily doing things to confuse me. "Broad side of a barn" comes to mind.

I'm having much more difficulty with a 1/35th scale M35A2 2 and 1/2 ton truck build than I am with these feeble foes.

Is Hunter green close enough to Marine Corps green?

Rule 61 - dalem always makes the best Thread Titles.

No, no, no. It's ODDS OF 60 TO 1 that the top 40 hippy will come up with a decent title. Thick as a newbie.

Oh, and Seanachai? I see you singled me out twice in the last thread. Re-read it, and you will notice Mr. Hippy piling on. In the best spirit of the cesspool, I suggest you impale him on his own "rake 'o doom". It's probably just a soiled mustache comb that he saw on one of his bad trips, but humor the drug-addled boy. He means well, mostly.

Originally posted by Kobal2:

Lars sports impressively precise arty strikes. Mind you, there's not a Kraut in a 200m radius of his shellings, but I've always been a sucker for fireworks and pyrotechnics.

Nidan's like that too. In his pique, he's taken to dropping huge arty strikes on an empty wheat field.

I can only surmise that it has something to do with his childhood.

Maybe being forced to eat Wheaties (the Breakfast of Champions), while all of his other playmates in the remedial class ate Kix (it's for kids!).

Sad, really.

Originally posted by Lawyer:

Is this a dagger I see before me?

Well, no...I mean, it wasn't exactly a rhetorical question. More like a metaphor. I mean, what I was thinking, is, I'm after reading the Peng Challenge Thread, and I feel the very real possibility that I'm thrusting something destructive and unpleasant repeatedly through my eyes and into my brain.

Not something pointed, or sharp, either. Nothing good. Nothing that would make one think of 'rapier wit', or 'cutting irony'.

In fact, I feel like I've been repeatedly plunging some sort of odd Japanese toy into my brain. A 'Hello Kitty' pen&pencil holder, say, or a Totoros doll.

An unpleasant sensation, to be sure.

Oh, and Dalem, I thought you should know that your Thread title actually made me throw-up.

I wasn't drunk, or ill, or weakened, nor even particularly desirous of vomiting. It's just that after reading your Thread title, throwing up seemed preferable than explaining to you, yet again, what an endless, aimless half-witted pillock with 'no more sense of shame than a cat coughing up a hairball on an expensive rug' you are.

I've decided that paying pre-teen Hmong prostitutes to read Harry Potter books to me in sleazy motel rooms while I play backgammon on my PDA is less personally degrading than allowing you to start up another Cesspool Thread.

So you've got that going for you.

Don't push it. Christ, you come up with the worst, the very fecking worst, Thread titles ever.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Oh, and Dalem, I thought you should know that your Thread title actually made me throw-up.

I wasn't drunk, or ill, or weakened, nor even particularly desirous of vomiting. It's just that after reading your Thread title, throwing up seemed preferable than explaining to you, yet again, what an endless, aimless half-witted pillock with 'no more sense of shame than a cat coughing up a hairball on an expensive rug' you are.

I've decided that paying pre-teen Hmong prostitutes to read Harry Potter books to me in sleazy motel rooms while I play backgammon on my PDA is less personally degrading than allowing you to start up another Cesspool Thread.

So you've got that going for you.

Don't push it. Christ, you come up with the worst, the very fecking worst, Thread titles ever.

I have a sticky note here somewhere on my desk with some I've thought up and just can't WAIT to use. Hard to top this one though. And because of this one it will be YEARS before I can fashionably trot out "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Peng Challenge", don't'ca think?

My Gawd Seanachai ...

You degenerate! I'm personally ashamed to even know you let alone to have to admit that I've eaten at your home ... admitedly the silverware on the floor was MY fault. To post something this, this deplorable on a public thread man, have you no shame?

Backgammon ... gack.

Of course you're spot on regarding dalem, isn't there some law enforcement agency you can report him to?

Joe