Behavior of PoWs - Erratic?

I was playing a QB between the AI as the British and myself as the Italians in a short fight in North Africa. During the fighting, a British AFV got within my lines before being shot up, and the crew (crack, four OK and one casualty) bailed out. In the next turn, after being shot at by an Italian pioneer squad some 50 meters away, the British crew surrendered. I ordered the crew to move past the pioneers towards my platoon HQ squad (some 25 meters further back). The crew started moving (next turn), but when it got to the trench where the Italian pioneer squad was located, it stopped and refused to go further in subsequent turns, despite my repeated orders. In fact, twice it started moving back towards friendly lines! All this time, the crew icon had its hands up in surrender. The pioneer squad was getting shot at by several infantry units some 100-200 meters away and was occasionally taking cover, btw.

Meanwhile, the sole survivor of a crack British infantry squad, which had also surrendered in the vicinity, had no qualms about obeying my orders to move close by the HQ squad, completing the 150-meter move in two turns despite bullets whistling past the survivor. He had to cross two manned trenches and some open ground ...

I understand that PoWs will remain in captured mode unless a stronger friendly unit comes within (shouting?) range, at which point the PoWs might revert to fighting status. But are there any conditions under which PoWs might behave erratically, such as under fire or in cover?

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Why am I reminded of a certain Beatles song about a girlfriend with a substance abuse problem.

Regards

Jim R.

Probably because you're having a flashback.

Beg all you want, I'm not putting on a wig and a mini-skirt, you demented Aussie bugger.

Originally posted by JP Jones:

(walks away from keyboard muttering "ya jackass!")

Does someone need a hug?

Possibly the inconsistencies in behaviour this would lead to simply made coding it in of no importance. It would be hard to imagine a two man vehicle crew having the focus to watch prisoners while fighting their vehicle, so it would be unrealistic to be able to load prisoners up into a 'piggy bank', and then send it right back into combat, for example. Within the scope of a CM battle I can't imagine that it would be realistic behaviour to be loading vehicles with prisoners. They'd simply be put under guard somewhere as convenient as possible given the current combat situation.