Sneak Preview of Very First CMAK Mod--UPDATED!!

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

*sniff*.... you hurt my feelings. :(;)

There, there, old boy.

[pats Andrew consolingly on the back and hands him half a gallon of Old Granddad]

Now take your medicine like a good lad and get back to work!

*damned prima donnas, every one of them...mutter...mutter...worse than grogs, I tell you...mutter...mutter*

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

The khaki cloth cap (the precise name of which escapes me at the moment) is one of the trademarks of the Afrika Korps, more recognizable even than the palm tree swastika.

You seem to be referring to the M1940 tropical peaked field cap.

Excellent job Andrew as usual. Actually I really think this one is about your best so far or maybe I just think this particular uniform is really cool looking. If somebody hadn't of mentioned the boots I'd personally never would have noticed. But hey you do what you can with what you've got. It works for me. Thanks Andrew.

Originally posted by Flesh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

The khaki cloth cap (the precise name of which escapes me at the moment) is one of the trademarks of the Afrika Korps, more recognizable even than the palm tree swastika.

You seem to be referring to the M1940 tropical peaked field cap. </font>

Wow, nice uni's Andrew and the game is not even out yet, how kool is that. A mod like this makes me look even more forward to the CMAK release. smile.gif

I may be over stepping my bounds here by saying this. But why doesn't BTS just hire Andrew to do the uniforms? No offense to the fella who does the stock uniform textures, but Andrews uniforms are simply the best. Just curious.

Richard Bender in his excellent (although a bit dated now perhaps) book on the Afrika Korps makes the point that as far as head dress went, all troops were initially issued the cork solar topee and the fore-and-aft cap (whose name escapes me at the moment). Infantry retained their helmets. The Solar topee was quickly discarded because of its bulk in favour of the peaked field cap when it became available.

He makes the interesting point that individual soldiers were responsible for camouflaging their own helmets, so the finish was quite variable from simple applications of mud through to professional paint jobs. Often the German helmets were refitted by individuals with British chin straps as they were more comfortable apparently.