MOD to make infantry numbers real and models better.

Destraex

Just purchased CMAK and am enjoying it so far. A big hello to the community

1) Is there a mod that represents the infantry per man graphically rather than each man on the field equalling a variable. This would greatly improve gameplay representation.

2) Is their a mod that changes the models for infantry so that they look more natural. The vehicles look great but the men look rather silly IMHO having especially large heads.

3) I am having a little trouble finding all my units and was wondering if thier is a mini map mode for deployment.

4) I am also having a little trouble deploying\moving men to the exact postiions I want especially in buildings. any tips appreciated.

Welcome to the game and boards

1) no - all models are hardcoded and can't be altered (but the majority of bmp skins are changable *warning* read instruction, backup and beware of the addictivitity of this past-time )

2) see above

3) look in the manual for looking at the battlefield at different levels plus the keys for browsing through your forces. Initial deployment can be a chore but everything else will become easier with practice

4) as above - their are various levels you can look at the battlefield from a high aerial position to real low down at head height and you can lock onto infantry or vehicle veiwpoint. Again it's all in the manual - start with small battles and work up.

Practice Practice Practice and it'll soon be as natural as driving

Enjoy the mad bad virtual world of Combat Mission

Originally posted by Destraex:

Just purchased CMAK and am enjoying it so far. A big hello to the community

1) Is there a mod that represents the infantry per man graphically rather than each man on the field equalling a variable. This would greatly improve gameplay representation.

2) Is their a mod that changes the models for infantry so that they look more natural. The vehicles look great but the men look rather silly IMHO having especially large heads.

3) I am having a little trouble finding all my units and was wondering if thier is a mini map mode for deployment.

4) I am also having a little trouble deploying\moving men to the exact postiions I want especially in buildings. any tips appreciated.

The infantry model hard coding is very bad news indeed. Doh

Any chance the Devs will unlock the code now they are moving to a new engine?

As for the rest I guess I will just go it alone and look at the electronic manual. The manual that came with my copy is just a QUICK start 2 page thing. Not what I expected from a wargame at all.

I think the Printed Manual can be ordered by sending part of your mini-manual to BFC (try a search) - if you'd bought the game directly from BFC it'd come as standard.

Is yours a Euro CDV denazified version?

In the meantime there should be a full PDF manual installed somewhere deep within your HD

A lot of the game is hard coded for good or bad but it has made compatability between installs absolutely secure so PBEM games aren't able to be hacked.

Originally posted by Destraex:

As for the rest I guess I will just go it alone and look at the electronic manual. The manual that came with my copy is just a QUICK start 2 page thing. Not what I expected from a wargame at all.

3) Drag a big square over the battlefield. All of your units will be highlighted with the lt. blue selector boxes. That'll help you find those stray squads. Also, make sure that you have unit bases turned on (shift+B).

4. I like to use the top-down ("birdseye") view for a lot of my (all?) movement. It's especially helpful in buildings where you can position the movement point exactly where you want from corner to corner. (David above has the same idea ;) )

Originally posted by Wicky:

I think the Printed Manual can be ordered by sending part of your mini-manual to BFC (try a search) - if you'd bought the game directly from BFC it'd come as standard.

Is yours a Euro CDV denazified version?

In the meantime there should be a full PDF manual installed somewhere deep within your HD

A lot of the game is hard coded for good or bad but it has made compatability between installs absolutely secure so PBEM games aren't able to be hacked.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Destraex:

</font>

AndrewTF's uniform mods at cmmods.com go some way towards taking the 'curse' off those little CM soldiers. Actually, after you play awhile it doesn't really make much of a difference because you're always hovering above the battlefield on level 3 anyway, where the men all look like ants.

One handy way to locate your troops is to toggle the unit size command key. Once up to x3 scale, a squad is as big as a large building! A fair number of players prefer playing the game overscale, sacrificing realism for situational awareness. You can also toggle the trees on and off to see who's hiding in that clump of woods.

Thanks for the tips guys. I will look for the mod.

I have a copy that I bought off EB in Australia and it does have CDV written on the box.

One more question, do all the B2B maps and stuff work with the new version. Just wondering whether I need to buy b2b if all the maps and vehicles etc are importable?

P.S.

One more question, I am downloading ALL the AndrewTF mods and wondered whether any will copy over each other. I mean their are a lot of FJ uniforms (8 or so), if I install them all at once they will not copy over each other will they. combat mission would have great variety if they did not?

[ December 30, 2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Destraex ]

I've generally only made one version of each mod to cut down on the confusion, although there are a few out there, like the German summer uniforms and the updated US tank crews that will overwrite my other CMAK mods.

There are (more or less) three sets of textures for each unit: North Africa, Italy July 43-June 44, and Italy July 44-May 45. And then there's Crete, which has specific BMPs for German Fallschirmjäger and mountain troops. The FJ then have four separate sets of textures for the game.

The CMBB maps will not work in CMAK, and vice-versa. Many of the vehicle textures can be used in both games, but there are some improved 3D models in CMAK so you've got to be careful. You should buy it if you have any interest at all in the Eastern Front. smile.gif