CMx2 idea

Hey maybe this has already been covered and forever enshrined in ALL CAPS! by Tom, but I was just thinking about how it might be nice to have slightly more specific QB selections, assuming there will be a QB option.

For instance, you feel like trying to force a crossroad defended by an AT position. You select "Object: Defended crossroad", "Defender type: AT + Infantry".

That sort of thing.

-dale

Originally posted by dalem:

Hey maybe this has already been covered and forever enshrined in ALL CAPS! by Tom, but I was just thinking about how it might be nice to have slightly more specific QB selections, assuming there will be a QB option.

For instance, you feel like trying to force a crossroad defended by an AT position. You select "Object: Defended crossroad", "Defender type: AT + Infantry".

That sort of thing.

-dale

Actually, my idea for CMX2 would be to add aka_Tom_w to the beta test team.

Please?

PRETTY PLEASE? I think he'd be a GREAT tester.

Can I send you money to make you change your minds?

I am already willing to pay money to be sure we would get a CMx2 this year and I pay even more to be sure it is going to be a WWII sim.

Almost July…. If they would start modelling WWII vehicles right now it would be hard to get it done before end of this year.

B.t.w. about this topic I agree some extra options in the random map selection. This way we could choose thinks like main river/ bridge, crossroad, industry area, airfield etc.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

That sort of thing.

-dale

Actually, my idea for CMX2 would be to add aka_Tom_w to the beta test team.

Please?

PRETTY PLEASE? I think he'd be a GREAT tester.

Can I send you money to make you change your minds? </font>

I agree with dalem's idea as well, and I can think of a lot of different types I'd like to see. Back in the CMBO days, I suggested a "breach fortification" battle type, where the attacker and defender would receive approximately equal points, but the defender would have to spend 2/3 or 3/4 of his points on mines/trenches/wire and the attacker would have the burden of attacking...approximately equal points seemed to be necessary to be able to purchase historically realistic quantities of wire and mines.

I know CMx2 will be something quite different, but it would be nice to give more direction to qb's.

Along the same lines, it would also be nice to have a QB where instead of using points, you select your force and battle type, and the AI generates an opposing force approximately equal to yours.

This would be helpful in situations where you want to test out specific units, such as a '45 pattern US infantry company or a platoon of Sturmtiger supported by a battalion of conscript Volkssturm.

To do these battles now is somewhat tedious, as you have to estimate how many points you will require to buy the force - and my estimates are usually off...