The Cheery Waffle thread: some assembly required, Master Goodale NOT included

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sincere condolences from Paula and I to you and Becky Dave.

Amazing, isn't it -- just a month or so ago I was looking at Charlotte's picture on that link you provided.

And, just like a month ago with my uncle, you know this is the place to turn for a smile or three.

Take care. If you need anything, you know where to find me.

Pseudosimonds is a first-class maggot. :mad:

In our current PBEM, this was the exchange:

Me: [sarcastic] "I'm surprised at your knowledge of AFVs. [/sarcastic]

Him: "AFV?"

Me: "Armoured fighting vehicle."

Him: "Vehicle?"

Aaaaarrrggg!! What a turd. :mad: :mad:

Sorry to hear the news Dave. :(

The good news is you're still a maggot's maggot, maggot! :mad: :mad:

The rest of you, LISTEN UP LIKE YOU HAVE A SET (of ears, you filthy minded puss packs!)

Jagged Alliance, XCom fans - Silent Storm is now available in North America and it gets two :mad: 's up! Learning curve is moderate, (some of the hot keys are a little odd) but the graphics are excellent! GRGGGAAAAAARGHGHAAARGH!!!! THE ENVIRONMENT IS FULLY DESTRUCTIBLE!!!!!! Tons of 'splodies!!!!

I used a BAR and a captured MG34 to chip away the front of a house to get at the maggot meat inside. Blew the windows in, and even took down the bricks with enough hits. Not to mention you can shoot through the floors or ceilings to get the sniper pinning the rest of your buddies down.

Anyone with a ATI card is warned to save often - something in their drivers sometimes drops you out of the game... apparently they didn't want nVidia to keep the annoyance factor all to themselves.

Get'cher brand new Boo Radley scenario right here for play testing! Brand new, hot off the grill American/German Meeting engagement! Plenty of molten hot TNT to be chucked on either side! Crunchies galore! Clankety things out the wazzoo! Get it while it lasts! "The Grapes of Wrath! Ask for it by name!

Originally posted by Wallybob:

May you all burn in the deepest pits of hell for the TNT you want to, but cannot chuck!

Hmmmm, if memory serves, it's your Tigers that have assumed non-TNT-chucking status, whilst my Shermans happily (and furiously) chuck massive amounts of TNT at your cowering krauts!! :mad: :mad:

MWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Bwahahahaha!! G.I. Combat at amazon.ca costs $64.99 :eek: but the used copies (and a couple of new ones on the marketplace) are going for a low of $13 and a high of $14.99. *snicker* I feel sorry for anyone who shells out more than $1.99 for it.

From one review at computergaming.com:

Meanwhile, unit A.I. is pathetic. Squads ordered to hide behind a hedgerow or in a house sometimes leave men uncovered like sitting ducks; units blindly walk into fire rather than reacting by seeking cover and firing back; tanks spin in place as they try to maneuver.
Sounds like some of the games I've played in CM. :mad:

Originally posted by Snarker:

The rest of you, LISTEN UP LIKE YOU HAVE A SET (of ears, you filthy minded puss packs!)

Jagged Alliance, XCom fans - Silent Storm is now available in North America and it gets two :mad: 's up! Learning curve is moderate, (some of the hot keys are a little odd) but the graphics are excellent! GRGGGAAAAAARGHGHAAARGH!!!! THE ENVIRONMENT IS FULLY DESTRUCTIBLE!!!!!! Tons of 'splodies!!!!

I used a BAR and a captured MG34 to chip away the front of a house to get at the maggot meat inside. Blew the windows in, and even took down the bricks with enough hits. Not to mention you can shoot through the floors or ceilings to get the sniper pinning the rest of your buddies down.

Anyone with a ATI card is warned to save often - something in their drivers sometimes drops you out of the game... apparently they didn't want nVidia to keep the annoyance factor all to themselves.

You obviously haven't reached the bit with Panzerkleins. Men walking around in a suit of armour that can't be penetrated by a panzerschreck stretch my suspension of disbelief, not to mention ruining the play balance.

[ April 07, 2004, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Firefly ]