Soddball

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

I want to play Inferno!

It sounds very angry!

Oh, it's angry all right, but not nearly as angry as you'll be playing it. You know the kind of weaponry Soddball likes to give you, like a 155 mm FO who can only see 70 meters. Can you say "suicidal"? Or maybe just GRARGHRAGHRRARGGHRARGH!!! :mad: :mad:

If you enjoy a good flamethrower fight (and who doesn't), Soddball is king! tongue.gif;):D:D

Okay, I've read the lies and distortions of my unworthy Maggoty opponents and decided the time has come to bring forth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :mad: :mad:

OnewhoSnarks :mad: :mad:

We are on turn 34 of our 30 turn battle. The game may never end because the computer is unable to decide who to award Victory Flags to. On the one hand you have the drunken Italians (me) occupying all the buildings arround the flags, while adjacent are the bastiche British (Snarker) Tildes in various states of immobilization. They keep up a steady barrage of AP fire through the buildings, ventilating them quite nicely, while every so often one of my brave Italians will hurl at the nearest Tilde.

BallofSodd :mad: :mad:

In a Scenario chosen by a certain BRIT, that is nothing more than a wild melee of intermingled tanks and halftracks conducted in a blinding duststorm, I had the great misfortune to have four tanks show up as reinforcements in the middle of twenty enemy tanks!!!! What's the record for converging yellow lines on a target? Then right in the middle of the slaughter a feckin Brit squad comes charging up on one of my doomed tanks, crawls over it and runs another 10 meters before belly-flopping into the sand. WTF???

Actually the two fights seem tame in comparison to two weeks of family, parties, holidays, shopping, family, parties, shopping,.........

:D

Well, the late, lamented Jim Boggs is still alive after all. :D:D

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

(snip)

BallofSodd :mad: :mad:

In a Scenario chosen by a certain BRIT, that is nothing more than a wild melee of intermingled tanks and halftracks conducted in a blinding duststorm, I had the great misfortune to have four tanks show up as reinforcements in the middle of twenty enemy tanks!!!! What's the record for converging yellow lines on a target?

Jim, would that be the scenario "Ambush" by any chance? I feel your pain, having lost all of my reinforcements to another Brit in an eerily similar way. Soddball, Teddy Windsor...a word of warning, do not play Ambush against a resident of the UK, unless you make that person take the German side. :mad: :mad:

Friends, maggots, countrymen, lend me your ears. Hmmm, that has quite a ring to it. Somebody ought to use that in a play sometime. But I digress. The Belgian waffle, oops, make that maggot stikkypixie does not yet have CMAK, but he does have the demo which he downloaded. He sent me a PBEM setup, but when I tried to open it I received an error message because we have different versions of Combat Mission. So is there no way to play a PBEM with someone who only has the demo? That is, short of downloading the demo myself. :confused: :confused: :(:(

Failing that, what's the fastest way to get CMAK into stikkypixie's hot little hands? We had quite a CMAK-lite battle using CMBB; one of Jim Boggs' five tank, 50 turn marathons. Of course stikkypixie gamily shot up four of my five underarmed, underarmored Pz IIIs, but I did knock out one Valentine, and I did make two of his Matildas bog! :D:D

Originally posted by Kitty:

Snarker are you here? Axe2121? Sodball? I'm bored. Entertain me, please. :(

:mad: :mad:

Kitty

I can juggle.

But I don't feel like it. :mad:

I've got to ask -- is that you sprawled on the hood and trying to mount those panzers?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

Snarker are you here? Axe2121? Sodball? I'm bored. Entertain me, please. :(

:mad: :mad:

Kitty

I can juggle.

But I don't feel like it. :mad:

I've got to ask -- is that you sprawled on the hood and trying to mount those panzers? </font>

Anybody ever play America's Army? Now that I've got the system I thought I might try it. There are a lot of things I might try.....

I grow old … I grow old …

I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?

Anybody ever play America's Army? Now that I've got the system I thought I might try it. There are a lot of things I might try.....

Peaches are good! =) Let's play a game, Axe! =D

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Kitty

Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

Peaches are good! =) Let's play a game, Axe! =D

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Kitty </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

Place and time?

We could play now. I'm drunk and bored. =)

Kitty </font>

The New Year finds me pitifully low on PBEM opponents. Most opponents either bailed sometime during christmas :mad: :mad: :mad: , or found thier asses handed to them on a diamond encrusted platter.

Someone :mad: make scenario with cartoon levels of violence, TNT, chucking, flames, limbs and what not.

Some other sucker then challenge me said scenario.

Sigs are the coin of the realm and you shall pay dearly. :mad:

smope at ponyshow.com

As promised last week....

Dave — Oct. 20 — 1997 Bentley Continental R

continental_2.jpg

Soddball — April 4 — Pinafarina Ferrari concept car

pininfarina-rossa2.jpg

Snarker — July 30 — 1957 Maserati CC Gransport

1025163906_small-image_1957maseraticcgransportconvertible_s008.jpg

Anyone else?

[ January 05, 2004, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]