important question : info needed !

Skolman

CDV has published a CM Anthology Box with all three CM titles for a low price. I just wan´t to know if these titles are the special editions or the normal ones (cmbb vers 1.0...).

I just wan´t to know because i own all 3 games i would only buy it if all patches are incuded and if they are the special editions with more scenarios and better graphics (for cmbo)

If I'm not mistaken the CDV version has historically inaccurate unit names (e.g. waffle grenadiers) built into the program that can only be corrected with an unofficial patch. The BFC version does not suffer from this problem, however.

I've only seen the demo versions of CMBB and CMAK, but I found the graphics on these two games a bit dissapointing compared to my [almost] fully modded version of CMBO. You can achieve the same results by simply downloading from CMHQ and Cmmods. Special editions will never have the full range of available mods for a variety of reasons, so with a little effort the manually downloaded version of the mods will produce a superior result. The greater variety should not be difficult to manage if you use CMMOS.

Sorry but your post does not help a bit...

Of course i`ve downloaded all available mods CMBO but what for me is, if the games from the anthology have the latest version numbers, because it´s a mess to download all the patches for the cdv version...

I would also like to know if more scenarios are included in the anthology????

Originally posted by Skolman:

Sorry but your post does not help a bit...

Of course i`ve downloaded all available mods CMBO but what for me is, if the games from the anthology have the latest version numbers, because it´s a mess to download all the patches for the cdv version...

I would also like to know if more scenarios are included in the anthology????

IIRC all the CDV dics come with battles that are already on sites like the Scenario Depot etc, and just put on the disk for faster access.

If I'm not mistaken the CDV version has historically inaccurate unit names (e.g. waffle grenadiers) built into the program that can only be corrected with an unofficial patch. The BFC version does not suffer from this problem, however.

Well its not totally inaccurate, some SS Divisions such as the 29th SS Mech was called the 29th SS Waffle Grenadier Division.

I don't know for sure, so I'm little help on this. However CDV has released 'special editions' in the past that were fully patched to the latest revision. So my assumption on this 'anthology' is that CMBO and CMBB will be fully patched, while CMAK will have the latest 'publicly available' patch (1.01).

My guess is that you'll only need to download the next CMAK patch when it comes out; everything else will be up-to-date.

Just to give the OFFICIAL word, that anthology pack only includes the European version of the three games and they are NOT the Special Edition versions.

The Special Edition versions are currently only available seperately in North American retail locations and published by CDV USA, as opposed to CDV Software Entertainment (Europe) which handles our direct distribution in Europe.

They are in fact two companies, so whatever feelings you might have toward CDV (Europe), let me just say that CDV USA has been an awesome partner from the start.

I have no info on if a Special Edition Bundle pack is planned or not at this time.

Madmatt