Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

**TWO - no, EIGHT! - Light Wooden Building mods!!!**

A new look for Italian theater light buildings.

-- Rural horse barn (summer/winter/damaged textures)

-- Wood shingled workshop-garage (summer winter/damaged textures)

At our favorite site of course:

www.cmmods.com

Wishing for buildings that look a bit more 'northern European' and less 'pastel Mediterranean'? These from-scratch mods replace two Italian theater light building textures. The old stonework barn is a new treatment of a favorite CMBO mod I had done for myself a looooong time ago, and comes complete with an old wagon wheel propped against the wall. The second is a more modern 'workshop' design with big double garage doors and a small office entrance, plus the addition of a civilian truck tire propped against the outside wall.

The buildings come in all four summer, winter, summer damaged, and winter damaged versions. AND they're CMBB compatible too!

Check out the cmmods.com screenshots below:

Rural horse barn:

http://www.cmmods.com/web/CMAKMods.nsf/d108908febc2d41c85256c5f005fd337/9684E8D836AB3CC785256EC90049B438/$File/LTBLDBARN.JPG

Wooden workshop/garage:

http://www.cmmods.com/web/CMAKMods.nsf/d108908febc2d41c85256c5f005fd337/7B0F58675293EADB85256EC90049DC9F/$File/LTBLDWKSHP.JPG

I almost put an apology to Juju in the Readme file for these things. ;) I simply don't know how he gets his building details, and his is a hard act to follow! These mods may be less photo-realistic I'll admit, but they are on a pretty solid 'architectural' footing.

Okay Juju, you say you're sick of doing fancy big buildings. Still, you must have an idea or two on what to do with the game's 'shacks'!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I almost put an apology to Juju in the Readme file for these things. ;) I simply don't know how he gets his building details, and his is a hard act to follow! These mods may be less photo-realistic I'll admit, but they are on a pretty solid 'architectural' footing.

Okay Juju, you say you're sick of doing fancy big buildings. Still, you must have an idea or two on what to do with the game's 'shacks'!

Heh, thanks. And about those shacks: We've got Ed for those. That way I only need to test and give advise. ;) But who knows, I've got my vacation coming up.

I could send you one of the original building PSD's (with all separate layers intact) if you want to take a look at how I did them. It's really not that difficult. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make them. And if I can do it, you surely can too!

• 2 weeks later...

And some of us are still stuck in CMBO-land, and would really love to see that hotel updated, with or without the name (to avoid having three Hotel Constantines on the battlefield at once).

On an unrelated note, I need to send you an e-mail about Normandy clear night skies. I seem to have made one that borrows part of your horizon (heavily darkened in Photoshop) and would like your opinion on whether or not to clean up the semi-accidental glow that occurs on around several of the hill tops (twenty odd pixels that I can leave in, take out or recolor slightly). Please drop me a line at padivine@aol.com.