Winter mod imports from CMBB

KG_Jag

Now that the holidays have arrived, I have the time to play a CMAK Bulge operation. What struck me at the beginning of the first snow battle is the lack of CMAK winter mods, even for the Germans. Since I try to grab almost every mod that comes out, that leaves we with importing German winter mods from CMBB. What works and what doesn't? Do certain mods work, if you change BMP numbers?

Has someone put together a chart with the BMP numbers of units in CMAK version 1.03 and/or CMBB v1.03? If so, where is it (are they)available?

Thanks for any help.

For German AFVs, the CMAK Hetzer and PzIV have been totally redone, so don't use CMBB winter mods for them. Look under MikeyD in the CMAK side of cmmods.com for a snowy winter Hetzer in Ardennes-appropriate camou scheme.

I believe textures for all the PzIIIs, Stugs, Brumbars, and PzIVs will match. It just gets complicated figuring out which CMAK vehicle uses the late war numbering system and which uses early war numbering (if an Italian theater vehicle isn't used in NA it may be using the CMBB early war numbers).

MikeyD's snowy Hetzer - CMAK

"For German AFVs, the CMAK Hetzer and PzIV have been totally redone, so don't use CMBB winter mods for them."

I believe textures for all the PzIIIs, Stugs, Brumbars, and PzIVs (?) will match."

MikeyD,

These two paragraphs have a conflict. Were you referring to certain MkIV models--particularly the "G" model? So far I have found that DEYs Tigers and MkIIIN work great, as well as Zimordoks' Stugs, MkIVH and J. In addition Bogdan's Panther VG fits perfectly, as do some of Gordon Moleks' CMBB mods.

I am having problems with the armored cars and transport vehicles. If I can learn how to upload mods I can do this--but I first will need Gordon Molek and Bogdan's permission to do so.

Then again, wouldn't it be better if the modders themselves would crank out a few more versions?

"wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more"! ;);):D:D

Especially Marders!

I found that all the Panthers, Pz IV's, Stugs III & IV, SPW 222 & 231, AA tanks and Lynx work fine (just make sure the CMBB one is a late (yellow) vehicle). Hetzers were renumbered but I found that with a little homework I could do those as well. It's those damned Marders that got me stumped.

David I

Here is a bit of the list I did for Tom for early war grau in CMAK:

75mm inf 1918 same

37mm pak38 same

75 how same

pzji same

pziic same

pziif junk2drive

pziiif same

pziiig same

pziiih same

pzivc same

pzivd same

pzive same

pzivf same

psw221 same

psw222 same

psw223 same

psw231 same

kw same

truck same

For the above, the late war and ww late war should work from BB to AK.

For the flaktrucks, use MB_GEM grau pack at CMHQ. I think DEY did a ww of these.

Hope this helps.

Ah!

About the CMAK Lynk (Luchs or however its spelled).

If you look closely at the vehicle it's lacking the CMBO/CMBB 'hump' on the rear engine deck (interpreted to be stowage under a tarp), so some of the CMBB-based bmps for the Lynx won't be an exact match. The match-up might be close enough for the non-picky, tthough.

Thanks for the insight guys.

Wicky's Allied winter mods, which I had downloaded when they came out, cover a great deal of ground on that side of the line.

But back to the German winter units, much of what you suggested worked well. Thanks to Daffy [DEY], I have winter Pz IV H & J models by way of a direct import of his CMBB mods for those same tanks. I also have both versions of the Panther G by way of direct import from CMBB. I looked at BG's BMP numbers and then selected a differnet mod, but with the same BMP numbers. I did not attempt to add any versions of the Panthers A or D. Can these (or any of them) be ported over to CMAK directly from CMBB? The final point of succes was a direct import of Zim's whitewashed Stu III G (late).

However, there were also some direct ports from CMBB that did not take (or did not seem to in the context of several test QBs that I set up), at least not in 12/43 to 1/45 Italy. These include the rest of the Stug family, Daffy's Pz III N, and the various armored cars. Any suggestions on these problems?

Jagcommander,

Concentrait on the vehicles most likely to show up in the winter of 1944/45. The winter of 43/44 was spent, by both sides, south of Rome and is best reflected by using mud, rain, mud, rain/fog and more mud. That way you don't have to worry too much about Pz III L's & J's, Pz II's, Stug F's, etc.

I'll try to send off a SPW 251/9 Stummel in the next couple of days.

DavidI

Thanks again DI and J2D; David I look forward to your winter 251/9. As I recall only the 251/1, 2, 10 & 17 are available in winter mods.

After further sleep and testing, the following is an update and contains corrections to my last post. It turns out that most of the winter Stug family can be directly ported from CMBB to CMAK. This is true for all versions of the Stug III G (thanks Daffy and Zimorodok), as well as the Stug IV and IV late. I did not test versions of the Stug III prior to the G. What did not work was a direct import of Zim's StuH 42 mid skirt.

[ December 29, 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: jagcommander ]

Jagcommander,

Wait a Minute! I don't know how much experiance you have at downloading mods, but this thought just went through my head -

I assume you are downloading the files from CMMODS into a "download folder" somewhere in your computer.

Then you are extracting the Zipped folder into your CMAK BMP Folder? Well sometimes mod file do exactly that, extract the BMPs directly into your BMP folder, and SOMETIMES they create their own little folder inside your BMP Folder. You would see that the files extracted OK, but the new vehicle/whatever mod would not show up in the game.

Fix - Go to your CMAK BMP Folder, open it, go to the top and click "View" from there click "Arrange Icons By Name". When you did that did a bunch of Sub-Folders appear at the Top of your BMP List? Sub-folders with names like "Pz IVG WW - Dey"? If so, you will need to open them and cut/copy those files into your BMP files.

Just a thought.

The trickiest mod I downloaded was AndrewTF's (THE GREAT AND POWERFULL) Commonwealth Winter Uniforms. For some mysterious reason he (THE GREAT AND POWERFULL) added his initials behind each BMP number. :confused: Took me awhile to figure that one out, I can tell ya.

DavidI

Latest update: the winter Panther (Pz V) A [bMPs 62920 - 62934] and A (early) [bMPs 62900 - 62914] can both be ported directly from CMBB to CMAK.

Tracer's Snow Panther pack includes all Panther versions. But for the Panther A (early) I selected Kingfisher's Last Panther Frosted, which should work well in both "northern" Europe and in Italy.

By the way, I don't know if any of Kingfisher's CMBB mods survived the CMMODS crash. Calling Astro-Cat--I saved a whole bunch of them on CD.

Hi Jagcommander,

Below is a quote from a suggestion I gave Tooz last summer to check what state your equipment is in by using the scenario editor. This was for cmbb but should work the same in cmak. If you can't find an particular AFV or infantry unit in the unit editor just keep adjusting the year and month in the Parameters area. smile.gif

Say you want to see what you have or

don't have in a winterized look for infantry or afv's, lets say the russian tanks for example, in say 1942.

Go into the Scenario editor then go into the Parameters set the ground condition to one of the snow options, then set the year to 1942, then okay your way through the parameters back to the scenario editor menu.

Next go into the unit editor and change the army to allied and click on armor and choose all the russian tanks, then click ok, which brings ya back to the scenario editor menu.

Next go into the map editor and click the preview button which takes you out into the map in real time 3d mode just like when your playing a game, this way you can see whatever units you've chosen in the unit editor.

Then you can check out what the units look like in winter or summer, in the above case in winter. You can check every single thing in the game this way. For buildings, trees, etc you just pick them in the map editor and place them on the map somewhere and click preview to go into the map in real time 3d mode and look them over.

I'm sorry if ya already knew this method. smile.gif

Yo David I,

What exactly is the problem with the marders, I assume you've been trying to use the whitewashed ones from gorden moleks cmmos packs. Are the summer ones numbered the same in both BB and AK.

Tell us what the problem is and maybe someone can help ya work out the problem. smile.gif