Replacing HEDGE stock graphics - failure

Gurra

I've been trying out some of Maguas Normandy mods, and thought I could use what I think is his bocage mod for the high hedges in CMAK, but nothing actually happen to any of the hedge graphics, even though I replaced all three bmp's that I can find that seem to represent hedges in the game. A clue, anyone? :confused:

Maybe you should check the BMPs again. High hedges should be BMP #1217. (Not sure whether there is a winter BMP, though).

If you replaced the correct BMP, and you still can't see a difference, maybe there are no high hedges in the games you play. Have you tried setting a test game with high hedges in the editor? (use the dark green hedges, not the light green ones).

Hope this is of some help.

Alright, let´s see here: there are two kinds of high hedges in the game? I have only seen the light green, I suppose, appearing for example in the Melva Bridgehead scenario. But Birdstrike's remark on the light green ones call for another question: why shouldn´t I use those?

I know about the 'top' bmp's. Fortunately, I believe I have that one pinned down. ;)

Regards

Gurra

Originally posted by Gurra:

Alright, let´s see here: there are two kinds of high hedges in the game? I have only seen the light green, I suppose, appearing for example in the Melva Bridgehead scenario. But Birdstrike's remark on the light green ones call for another question: why shouldn´t I use those?

Yes, there are two kinds of hedges the high ones(representing dense, bocage like hedges) which are non-passable for vehicles (including tanks) and the small ones (size of a stonewall).

What I actually meant to say was that the light green hedges are not high hedges, but small ones. AFAIK they use a different, smaller BMP (#1217).

You may of course use those small hedges as much as you want - but I don't know whether they will display the high hedges BMP properly. ;)