NEXT GAME: PTO (a pacific version)

Originally posted by Breakthrough:

I hope your not knocking yourself out looking in here! :rolleyes:

LOL! Good one! :D

Anyway, here's something Steve said in April 99:

Pacific? I very much doubt we will go there. It isn't our area of expertise and the nature of the ground combat is far less interesting to us (lots of bloody static battles and beach landings).
It's their freakin' game, isn't it? I mean, it's their passion and they gets to decide what they want to create! tongue.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mike:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

Sure, no problem. It's "Warphead and Lindan's" site. Pretty neat. Picture of me there too.

Are you the slacker having a snooze on the glacis of what looks to be a Ram APC??!! redface.gif </font>

Originally posted by Kitty:

No, I'm the one in the SS cap on the back of the Panther. It only says so on the caption, dullard.

Kitty

That's tough guy dullard to you.

No wonder I missed it - I hate looking at the bottom of pages that take forever to load - never mind - better luck next time!! smile.gif

Originally posted by Mike:

No, I'm the one in the SS cap on the back of the Panther. It only says so on the caption, dullard.

Kitty

That's tough guy dullard to you.

No wonder I missed it - I hate looking at the bottom of pages that take forever to load - never mind - better luck next time!! smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

Sure, no problem. It's "Warphead and Lindan's" site. Pretty neat. Picture of me there too.

Are you the slacker having a snooze on the glacis of what looks to be a Ram APC??!! redface.gif </font>

i like kitty's idea... think of the models you would need and the battles you could make:

'30s china

battles with soviets in late '30s*

'malay' penninsula 1942*

burma/india 1944*

philippines, 42/44*

guadacanal

sapain,tinian,guam

okinawa

soviets in manchuria 1945

fictional scenarios (invasion of japan, etc.)

*most interested in

so you'd need '30s soviet armor, and 1945 soviet armor, all of the japanese kit from '30s onward, american army and marines from dec '41 to '45...you'd have to throw in chinese, commonwealth, and aussies... would aussies be using at least some amount of american equipment?

researching formation types and figuring their editor/qb costs might be the biggest obstacle, but what do i know ... the japanese light tanks sure would be interesting to handle... and american 37mm guns with grape shot (cannister)

Originally posted by Los:

Rune, don't you mean you just don't find ANOTHER brian in a jar laying around?

<Like a moth drawn to a brighter flame>

Hey did someone mention early war blitzkrieg? Yeah, what about that! I want my polish cavalry! I want my Soumas! I want GD40!

Los

tongue.gif

i want my 25mm panhard armored car... then they could patch it into cmbb too... or... what if they put it all on something like a 3-cd set or a dvd and it had every vehicle from every game, and added the pto and the rest of the eto, and you could mix and match units and terrain in any way you saw fit? ... like instead of 'axis' and 'allied' it would be 'red' and 'blue' and a player could purchase anything from the entire (axis and allied) unit list... so you could still design realistic scenarios but on the other extreme you could also have really crazy quick battles... this is something we did in squad leader once... 3 of us bought anything we wanted and mixed and matched our units on a city map, then had a 3-way street fight... i think one dude had king tigers supported by 6-2-8 soviet smg squads for example.... i would like to see this flexibility in cm

It is posssible that a reasonable representation of a CM PTO could be modded by amateurs from CMAK itself - something which has already been attempted wth CMBO http://www.wargamer.com/cm/cmworld/wartfb.asp

these terrain sets were made availiable on CMMODs.com a few months back.

Now authentic sand, palm trees, early war tanks and tropical British uniforms are availiable an even closer approximation could be tried, perhaps using early war Italians with their wide brim hats as Japanese troops wearing sun hats? The only problems then would be the voice wavs to be added and the whole terrain and equipment matching date and geographical area thing, if there was some form of patch which allowed selection of all terrains and unit types....