Looking for Püppchen scenarios

Michael Dorosh,

There was one in ROW, but I don't remember which one. What I do remember, though, is that it was a Western Front scenario, with Germans defending. I believe it was 30 turns.

Also, did you see the post I made about the book TANK TACTICS FROM NORMANDY TO LORRAINE, which has a major portion devoted to the operations of the Canadian armored forces?

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=005090

Regards,

John Kettler

Michael Dorosh,

After considerable digging in the Invitational Tourney/ROW thread I put together, I can report that the battle I fought with a Puppchen in it was vs. Jarmo's victorious Canadians on the four bridge map in the Invitational Tourney. Said Puppchen was destroyed by offset HE before it could even fire a shot.

The primary thread's here

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=003745;p=2

The description of the battle really gets going on page 6 here.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=020866;p=1

Regards,

John Kettler

[ December 05, 2006, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Originally posted by Other Means:

If you're looking for a large game with them in I've just finished a great one by our own Kingfish against Bigduke.

It's a historical one set in Italy and features the CW, I'd recommend it.

And as soon as I can remember out what it's called, I'll let you know.

Sounds good -historical would be just what the doctor ordered! The HSG one looks quite too, and seems well researched.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Other Means:

If you're looking for a large game with them in I've just finished a great one by our own Kingfish against Bigduke.

It's a historical one set in Italy and features the CW, I'd recommend it.

And as soon as I can remember out what it's called, I'll let you know.

Sounds good -historical would be just what the doctor ordered! The HSG one looks quite too, and seems well researched. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Can anyone recommend a good, small sized Püppchen scenario that is easily available?

Michael Dorosh, remember the "RHZ Death Factory" scenario US briefing discussion (thanks again for the help btw)? German forces in the scen have some Puppchen as well! Although I don´t have an exact report about the whereabouts of Puppchens within the german 275th Infantry divison, I have a report from AOK7 (7th army high command), dated september 28, 1944 which reports about actions to improve the strength of the units in the hurtgen forest sector. In particular it was stated that the 353rd Infantry Division (whose units where absorbed into the 275th ID taking over the sector october 2, 1944) received 10 Puppchens and 48 Panzerschrecks. 8 heavy AT (75mm) were delivered as well. While the latter most likely were delivered to the divisional AT Btl., the Schrecks and Puppchens surely were given to the regimental AT companies for lack of AT guns (quite much in short supply in autumn 1944). My assumption was that most of the Puppchens were parceled out to the frontline battalions, located in the depth of the hurtgen forest, helping to cover the vital forest roads and roads leading up to the hurtgen plateau. Not an ideal weapon for forest fights, but it´s lightness (100kg) and short range (best hitting up to 250m, 50% hit probability at 1x1m target) made it much better suited than the rare 75mm PAK which was mostly employed when field of fire was good and possible engagement ranges high (over 600m). Thus I suppose my research was good enough to justify a Puppchen beeing inluded in the scenario. ;)

Interesting to know is that although production of the Puppchen (8,8cm R.Wfr. 43) ceased in february 1944, there were still 1649 pieces (out of 3150 overall) in frontline units by end of the war in 45.

You´ll find the (small size) scen at the Scenario depot; "RHZ Death Factory" by RockinHarry.

http://www.the-scenario-depot.com/scenario_details.html?command=search&db=scenarios.db&eqskudatarq=553