*New Mod Posted - Khaki Drill Battledress!*

there is an old cmbo mod at wargamer for british burma green uniforms with a hat that doesnt work in cmak. not the quality that andrew does, but different anyway. pic at my site.

or you could copy and renumber tan or green cmak unis for where you are battling.

i'm trying to remember which color is correct for pto.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

there is an old cmbo mod at wargamer for british burma green uniforms with a hat that doesnt work in cmak. not the quality that andrew does, but different anyway. pic at my site.

or you could copy and renumber tan or green cmak unis for where you are battling.

The correct PTO color is a medium jungle green. There's a good rendition of it on Michael Dorosh's old CMBO Commonwealth uniform mod site. Don't know the URL offhand but I bet you can probably get to it through http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/. IIRC it's in a section called, not surprising, "Khaki Drill and Jungle Green."

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by junk2drive:

The correct PTO color is a medium jungle green. There's a good rendition of it on Michael Dorosh's old CMBO Commonwealth uniform mod site. Don't know the URL offhand but I bet you can probably get to it through http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/. IIRC it's in a section called, not surprising, "Khaki Drill and Jungle Green." </font>

At the risk of making you blush you've got an absolutely amazing technique! I was looking at the subtle light fabric cross-wrinkling you've got going on on the back and legs. A real master's touch.

For those off you who haven't taken a close look, check out AndrewTF's N Africa theater U.S. troops. The corduroy ribbing on the fabric has to be seen to be believed (and EXACTLY matches the real thing too!).

Now, now, Andrew - thanks for the plug for my site but that was from the defunct Tommy site. We'll wait for your jungle greens....

Now, the KD you're doing; is that Indian KD, British KD, or US War Aid KD? :D Canadian KD looked nothing like any of those, but that's ok, cause they didn't wear Canadian KD in Italy anyhow, relying on British stocks of clothing instead.

It sounds like you guys will actually use these--I can see if I can change the color tonight after I get home. It should only take a minute or two. If all goes well I'll post a set to cmmods.com. I'll make a basic British set only and if someone wants to work duplicating files and re-numbering them to fit the rest of the CMAK commonwealth forces then have at it!

BTW, I probably won't tackle a Japanese uniform mod as I just don't have the time to research the dang things. Creating uniform mods with the "look" that I give them is pretty time-consuming involving a lot of Photoshop layers and adjustment layers and not a little bit of artistic know-how. Some day I may actually write a tutorial. smile.gif

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

It's a rare mod-by-request: khaki drill tropical battledress for all Commonwealth troops, including Canadians. At Modslut Heaven now! smile.gif

These have actually been done for weeks--I just forgot about them! :eek:

I was wondering if you'd gotten busy and forgot about them..... ;)

Thanks for the KD....now if I can just complete the massive OOB, then I'll get back to work on that special CMAK project (research is soooooo time-consuming) :D

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by junk2drive:

i have all those uni mods from the tommy site if anyone wants them, but bo artwork is not as good as bb and ak

edit the site still works

Tommy

Good lord, why don't you put up pictures of me in the bathtub when I was three years old while you're at it! redface.gifredface.gif;) </font>

I'll look through my British books, but I have the feeling there were a number of patterns. I do recall a recent flip through of TOMMY that showed two distinct colours to the denims - and as a matter of fact both colours are represented by the forum itself - a brownish khaki and an olive green very similar to what you see here on the forum, depending on your monitor settings.