Minor intel give away

Originally posted by Elvis:

Click "Go".....file crunching takes a long time. Looks like someone got some help.

Probably but not necessarily. What's being crunched is the number of separate actions by each unit and their interactions. If the fighting suddenly heats up between the units already on the map, that could account for longer computation times.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elvis:

Click "Go".....file crunching takes a long time. Looks like someone got some help.

Probably but not necessarily. What's being crunched is the number of separate actions by each unit and their interactions. If the fighting suddenly heats up between the units already on the map, that could account for longer computation times.

Michael </font>

What Michaelk and Firefly are talking about is what I experience. Against a human opponant. I don't consider this a bug or big flaw or anything...merely an observation that I have had over the years and decided to post for a reason that I can no longer remember. I know it was because I was playing an email turn in which I moved none of my units at all and the enemy had moved nothing for a while. When I see that long turn crunch in a situation like that I usaully say "uh oh" and if I still don't any enemy in the following movie I still know they are out there in force if the file takes a while to crunch.