help with quick battles; attacking russians

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I have an actual relevant question. If I'm bordering too much on being off-topic, then I'll gladly start a new thread:

When walking us through a 600pt QB where you have a full company of infantry, JasonC talked about using the "worst" HQ to screen. Where should the "best" platoon HQ be in that sort of setup? Leading the point platoon? The maneuver platoon?

How do you determine the best HQ? For a point platoon, is stealth more valuable than morale or command? What qualities are best for which roles?

In my experience, the best platoon HQ should be leading the last, or reserve, platoon. This is because this platoon will likely be the one doing the most 'decisive' fighting of the battle. The company HQ should be somewhere in the middle of the company, so he can give and take squads from their respective platoon HQ's as the situation requires.

Since the point platoon is likely to 'go to ground' once in contact, stealth and morale are good attributes for them. However, if only one or two of your platoon HQ's has a morale bonus, don't use them as the point, because they'll be more useful in the closing, unegaged groups.

For the maneuver platoons, which will be the ones firing back to free the pinnned point, combat and morale bonuses are the most favorable. Command bonuses are good in any position, but are maybe best for the point, as sideways sneaking squads will stay in command longer.