The Scenario Depot : where is it ??

Maj Soshtokovich,

I own, operate, and maintain The Scenario Depot. If you are having problems with the site, I'll be the guy that addresses them.

Both links should work. The first has a redirector page which takes you from the old site to the new site.

What errors are you seeing? Which browser are you using? Is anyone else observing issues? Details, please.

The site has been operational all weekend, and I just uploaded several battles and operations this morning.

Hi Keith

Yeah I had problems to, try to submit an scenario and got "server not found". Seems to be okay now. Will try again to upload that scenario

And a BIG thanks for running that site - where would the CMBB community be without it?

Hans

Still getting a TCP problem

Fourth time in trying to submit a scenario

There was a communication problem.

Message ID

TCP_ERROR

Problem Description

The system was unable to communicate with the server.

Possible Problem Cause

* The Web server may be down.

* The Web server may be too busy.

* The Web server may be experiencing other problems, preventing it from responding to clients.

* The communication path may be experiencing problems.

Possible Solution

Try connecting to this server later.

Hans,

Please forward the details of the battle to me and I'll see what I can do about submitting it for you. The database seems just fine...reads/writes from my end (both from home and work) with no problems. Could be something funky with the server/internet/whoknowswhat.

Perhaps it simply needs another anointing with a few drops of Russian Imperial Stout...

Originally posted by Hans:

Okay, only the submit doesn't seem to be working properly. Will send you the scenarios by email after work.

Thanks Keith

Oh one thought your server location isn't in Israel is it?

Hans,

Posted your Sino-Japanese battle, and uploaded/linked the file. I suspect that the percent sign in the Author Comments may have confused the submission page.

As to the server...no, I believe it's located in Texas.

Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

[QB] Maj Soshtokovich,

I own, operate, and maintain The Scenario Depot. If you are having problems with the site, I'll be the guy that addresses them.

---

Hi, over the last couple of days I can't access the site. I asked a friend to try and he had no problems. However, I have no difficulty accessing other web sites. This is the message that I get at the Depot:

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/combatmission/fraMain.php on line 60

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/combatmission/fraMain.php on line 60

Couldn't connect to database

--

I'm running Win XP/IE 6 with a cable connection. Any ideas?

I have a great idea I just heard. The problem is not your system, its the site. The socket error you receive is because no sockets are available, i.e. a user has reserved the socket you are trying to connec to or the socket leads to nowhere. Could be as in too many connections and the site has been configured to a certain limit of connections at the same time.

So try again tomorrow or in a few hours and it should work.

k thnx bye

Originally posted by Ligur:

I have a great idea I just heard. The problem is not your system, its the site. The socket error you receive is because no sockets are available, i.e. a user has reserved the socket you are trying to connec to or the socket leads to nowhere. Could be as in too many connections and the site has been configured to a certain limit of connections at the same time.

So try again tomorrow or in a few hours and it should work.

k thnx bye

--

Thanks.. The only thing is that I have been trying for at least two days now. Have had no probs with site in the past but my friend tried last night and had no troubles.

[ June 19, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Mick_Oz ]