I wish it was Der Kessel - second update

Link in my sig.

CMAK

5th Glosters go East - Gurra's CMAK conversion of my CMBO battle. British Recce advancing during the 'Swan' across northern France

CMBB

RAS Turning East - Soviet armoured attack to cut off German retreat. Small-medium, snow, 50+ turns.

CMBB - Under Development

Road to Odessa - 3x60+ CMBB operation, huge. Romanians attack fortified Soviet position outside Odessa 1941

Road to Koltov - Medium battle, 2-player only! sort-of ME in western Ukraine, 1944.

Poking South - Small battle. German forward detachment in Ukraine, 1941

The Other Side of Tigers - 1943, German attack, small battle.

Inherit the Black Earth - 60+ large/huge armoured Soviet attack in Ukraine 1943. Map design by Bigduke - even if you don't like my scenarios, get the map, it is gorgeous.

Enjoy

Andreas

[ April 11, 2006, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Andreas ]

I added a new page for Cory Runyan's scenarios (four of them). The descriptions are not corrected yet, but I will try and do that over the next few days. Suffice to say they are all large CMBB scenarios. If you have more of his scenarios, please email them to me.

I have also added three CMBO/CMAK conversions made from my old CMBO scenarios '49th Recce', 'Maltot', and 'Le Plessis Grimoult' by Kingfish.

Remember that the screenshots have no relation to the battle. They are just there to tart the pages up.

Enjoy!

All the best

Andreas

Just because the Stukas bombed your troops?

Assuming the Stukas don't always bomb the Germans, removing them is a net positive for the Russians.

Plus the bump from Conscript to Green. Plus I think I'll reduce this to 60+ turns, because that big 120 turn possibility intimidates people, who assume they will *have* to play that long.

[ April 11, 2006, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Runyan99 ]

As an aside, this scenario at 60 turns probably plays a lot like a typical CMC battle. About a battalion sized force on either side. And it is considered 'huge'.

If people are hesitant to play a scenario of this size, I'm not sure they are going to like what CMC brings to the table...

Some thoughts:

If it is just 60+ turns the scen will change a lot. It was necessary to have time on my side to be able to acheive breakthru odds on my Schwerpunkt. Even 80+ turns (which it actually took) would force the attacker to change the strategy. It might be more balanced, but it would work different and might not resemble RL tactics.

A quicker attack with higher losses will quickly dry German ammo of the remaining troops when fighting in woods - there will be a forced ceasefire.

If you want a more "commercial" version, please leave a die-hard version with 120 turns. Consrcipt to green, StuKas or not, that's it.

Having greens will add some mobility which will delay or stop German attacks.

CMC will feature shorter battles - you get results per quarter. "Winning 2, losing 1" is better for some people than a year without results.

Guess the 2x2 km maps will be too much for many people. CMC will only be successful if the auto-resolve of CM battles works well and you get decisive results on the operational map. Unbalanced operations might be more successful due to people getting "quick" results.

Gruß

Joachim