Sorry Band of Brothers !

I'm the Rugged Defense Cmbb Ladder Leader and recently asked Kilroy the boss of BoB if I could join his club as well,and although he said yes at first,he soon changed his mind when I asked about the BoB ladder scoring system,and told me I seemed too obsessed with winning,and suggested I remain at RD.

So to all the players in BoB I regret we won't meet on the field of battle because of your bosses wish to protect you from me! :cool:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides the fact that this thread seems like a deliberate trollification, all I can say is that the BoB is a very pleasant, close-nit bunch which doen't seem too obcessed with winning but seem to enjoy the playing :D Just one man's opinion, mind....

Originally posted by Knaust:

...how can I join this club?...I think I have all the needed caracteristics :rolleyes:

Look here:

http://www.hulldown.org/kilroy/index.htm

To second THumpre's opinion, here's what BoB is about:

This club is intended as a place for players to come together and do battle in the spirit of fun competition. Its not about winning or losing but having a good time and making friends with other players. This club is to be about mutual respect and sportsmanship.

The members of this club can feel assured that if they start a game with a fellow member that their opponent will stick around for the duration.

We always have tournaments running and in the works so if you join up it will only be a short time before you may sign up and participate in one. Many of our members have stepped up to run their own special competitions that adds to the fun and flavor of the club. Then there are the campaign games and it looks like we'll have two or three running at the same time. They range from around a dozen players to over thirty.

Marcus

[ March 29, 2003, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

Though I'm not too bothered about ladder play, BoB looks like a good place to find reliabel PBEM opponents ..... something I seem to have a problem with and end up playing the same people often becuase I know they'll stick with it to the end and return moves fairly quickly ....

I've recently posted a suggestion in another thread about a website dedicated to finding such opponents ... but there wasnt much support for the idea .... I take it the only way to join BoB is still via the sponsor method - - pity as i dont think I know anybody on the members list :(

Lou2000

Since joining Rugged Defense 7 weeks ago I've finished 44 ladder pbems and have 23 going because most people ENJOY playing me because not only are my setups fair and balanced,but because I also offer advice and suggestions (especially to newbies) on buying units,and follow this up with tactical advice throughout the game itself.For example I'm currently playing Durango and have taught him how to use his panzers in "hunting packs" and am now seeing my T-34s getting picked off one by one. "Thanks for showing me how to do it" he says! Boy am I weird!

Hey Knaust, don't forget we're playing now!You want advice during our game? No problem mate!

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike:

So to all the players in BoB I regret we won't meet on the field of battle because of your bosses wish to protect you from me! :cool:

Oh I don't worry about you. Kilroy would have to protect me from myself to keep from losing :D

After a Good 10 game run in CM:BB at BoB, am I now getting my butt handed to me in my 6 current games....but it's still fun.

FWIW I've had some limited dealings with Band of Brothers and feel justified in stating that their playing group does seem to be less interested in "who is top of the ladder" and more interested in having enjoyable gaming experiences... in which everyone does their best.

That POS wouldn't fit into that mould is hardly a surprise. His claim that he was told a more competition-driven ladder might suit him better in order to protect BOB players from him is, however, hard to credit.

There are some excellent players in BoB. Just because one isn't interested in achieving the epitome of self-glorification and self-regard doesn't mean one can't be an excellent player. In fact one could argue that players who feel they have nothing to prove to others, given their evident ability, would be more likely to join a place where they could play just for fun, free from the attention of "young turks" and others of such ilk.

As regards allegations that I have a "Messiah complex",its definitely not true,just ask any of my multitude of disciples in RD.

I'm only sorry that BoB will miss out on being able to marvel at my awesome tactical powers which would have rubbed off on them,as it is written:-"Use your God-given gifts to serve others." (1 Peter 4:10)

(Edit to include STOP PRESS NEWS-Mumpfelpfrumf has just slaughtered me in RD ladder!Serves me right for saying to him at the start "Sure,take Tigers if you want,I'll take just T-34/76's"!)

[ March 29, 2003, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Poor Old Spike ]

As regards allegations that I have a "Messiah complex",its definitely not true,just ask any of my multitude of disciples in RD.

I'm only sorry that BoB will miss out on being able to marvel at my awesome tactical powers which would have rubbed off on them,as it is written:-"Use your God-given gifts to serve others." (1 Peter 4:10)

You forgot the smiley at the end of that post ;)

And there'll always be those who know my messiah act is just a ruse to get peoples goat and make 'em rise to the bait! Gotcha!

HEY NEWBIES-Here's a basic guide to the Cmbb community:-

First there are the so-called "forum bums" who hardly ever play the game,just spending their time hanging round the forum.Thats fine.

Then there are those who only play against the AI,and thats fine too.

Then come those who play against humans,and thats also okay.

Then there are those who play in the soft "fun" ladders,which is good too.

Finally there are the elite hard core like myself who play in the savage jungle of the "hard" ladders where theres both "fun" players and serious players.

And as I'm the Rugged Defense Ladder Leader I'm the toughest jungle fighter around ! :cool:

And there'll always be those who know my messiah act is just a ruse to get peoples goat and make 'em rise to the bait! Gotcha!

We know dude,its known as being a troll.Actually,i think thats almost the exact definition of one.

Well no offense or anything, but I had a look at your claim, and as far as I can see the only reason you are on the top is that you have played twice as many games as anyone else. Your winning record of 65% is nothing extrodanary (much better than mine though smile.gif ) If you were to wait until everyone else had completed 43 games and you were still on top then you might have some weight to your claim.

To keep harping on the way you do, one might think you have some sort of inferiorty complex.

Cpl Carrot

[ March 29, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]