v1.03 early beta release may begin internal beta testing sometime next week

I figured maybe this needed its own thread....

Battlefront.com

Administrator

Member # 42

posted March 14, 2003 12:37 AM

Folks, Charles confirmed this as an AI targeting problem. For some reason, like the hits in front of the vehicle, this problem has ALWAYS been in CM since way back when. But for whatever reason, the fix to the afore mentioned bug made it far more noticable. Charles has made a fix for this and we will start internal testing sometime early next week. With any luck this problem will be fixed without ill side effects.

Steve

[ March 14, 2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Another patch ...... Ya just know that everybody is going to start jumping up and down and asking for more models, more features and will this be fixed, will that be fixed. :rolleyes:

BFC would be better calling it patch 1.02a rather than giving it a new patch number then people might realise that it's intended as a fix for a particular bug not a 'game upgrade'.

( This is not directed at ham ... I understand his tongue.gif )

You only have to look at the number of CM 2 / CM3 (or whatever you want to call it) ideas threads currently doing the rounds to get an idea ...... (sigh!) i'd rather see another 'peng' thread than another one of those ;)

Originally posted by Lou2000:

You only have to look at the number of CM 2 / CM3 (or whatever you want to call it) ideas threads currently doing the rounds to get an idea ...... (sigh!) i'd rather see another 'peng' thread than another one of those ;)

Eh?

Oh, right.... ummmmm...lemme think...

...ummmmmmmmmmm

Doodads, yes, bigger, better doodads. Vegetable patch doodads, CARROT doodads.

Happy to oblige

Yeknod

Any chance of toning down breakdowns?

In Witman goes east on the dry step plain I had three Panthers become immobile in 500 yards or so. This is far too many. Tanks are far less prone to bogging or breaking down than this in what amounts to perfect conditions? :confused:

I know this wont happen, I only mention it for consideration in the new engine.

But...If you could turn 'Night' on and off like the weather effects (but obviuosly keep all its effects, I'm only talking about the grafical side of things) it would really help. I cannot play night missions at all and I know there are a lot of others out there who have the same problem this just seems to be an easy fix

now remember I know this wont happen I'm not asking for it to happen (though it would make me want to have thier babies if it did :D )I just mention it cus lots of people (hopefully battlefront as well) will be here to read this thread.

right going now.....bye smile.gif

oh thanks for your time...bye now smile.gif

Originally posted by Mr Byte:

But...If you could turn 'Night' on and off like the weather effects (but obviuosly keep all its effects, I'm only talking about the grafical side of things) it would really help. I cannot play night missions at all and I know there are a lot of others out there who have the same problem

I know what you're telling... my monitor is of a dark kind in the first place, so I have to use max. gamma correction to be able to see things in midday battles. In comparison, in CMBO night battles I could see things easily.

Originally posted by Legio:

Any chance of toning down breakdowns?

In Witman goes east on the dry step plain I had three Panthers become immobile in 500 yards or so. This is far too many. Tanks are far less prone to bogging or breaking down than this in what amounts to perfect conditions? :confused:

I suppose we can all cite examples of tanks breaking down at the least opportune time but I would contend that there are no "perfect conditions" for WW2 AFVs. They were notorious for breaking down (especially the heavy tanks) no matter what the terrain. "Toning down" breakdowns will degrade realism. I'm opposed.

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr Byte:

But...If you could turn 'Night' on and off like the weather effects (but obviuosly keep all its effects, I'm only talking about the grafical side of things) it would really help. I cannot play night missions at all and I know there are a lot of others out there who have the same problem

I know what you're telling... my monitor is of a dark kind in the first place, so I have to use max. gamma correction to be able to see things in midday battles. In comparison, in CMBO night battles I could see things easily. </font>

Fuerte, you're a darling! :D I'll try it right away.

It truly delights me to see how so many people are willing to do so much to support others through programs (like PBEM Helper, Mapping Mission, CMMOS), scenarios or mods. Not to mention the tutoring offered to newbies in these forums.

Originally posted by Fuerte:

New: Hot keys Win+0, Win+1, ... Win+9 to set display gamma, so that CMBB night scenarios are more playable. Win+0 is the default gamma, Win+9 is the brightest. You can disable this in Options / "Enable gamma hot keys".

Hmm... I just wonder, how do I do this if I don't have a Windows keyboard? Can you make it customizable?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Fuerte:

New: Hot keys Win+0, Win+1, ... Win+9 to set display gamma, so that CMBB night scenarios are more playable. Win+0 is the default gamma, Win+9 is the brightest. You can disable this in Options / "Enable gamma hot keys".

Hmm... I just wonder, how do I do this if I don't have a Windows keyboard? Can you make it customizable? </font>

Originally posted by Moon:

You guys know that you can set gamma within the game, too, right? It should be listed on the in-game hotkeys screen...

Martin

Yes, ALT+G. But I already use max. gamma correction, and it still is too dark when it is night and overcast/some other bad weather. Night with clear skies is still bearable. And in CMBO I don't have this problem at all.

I would post screen shots, but I guess it's not really helpful since it is display-dependant.

A new version with Ctrl+Shift+0-9 is now available.

Thanks. Unfortunately it couldn't do much for me - upping the gamma from nVidia settings I had already tried before, and I guess PBEM Helper can't do more than that (but it is handier to use, at least). Actually I didn't see much if any difference when in-game. On desktop, when changing the gamma, it works fine, but once I enter the game, it uses some other settings.

I took a screenshot and then viewed it in Windows. With no Gamma correction, it was as dark as in-game. With some gamma correction, it looked normal (and what probably most of you have when you play the game).

Windows gamma settings do have a tiny effect inside the game, but not enough to make it playable. And the game settings are too little. :(

They were notorious for breaking down (especially the heavy tanks) no matter what the terrain. "Toning down" breakdowns will degrade realism. I'm opposed. [/QB]
Ok I'm also opposed, but it can be some funny results. I was playing "the Balka" as german against the AI for the first time, and was expecting a heavy armored assault out of the blizzard. But the only thing that happend was that I encoutered a single KV-I, which was quickly knocked out by the Pak 75. Checking the map after combat, all the other KV:s had already bogged out of my sight

A new version with Ctrl+Shift+0-9 is now available.

Thanks. Unfortunately it couldn't do much for me - upping the gamma from nVidia settings I had already tried before, and I guess PBEM Helper can't do more than that (but it is handier to use, at least). Actually I didn't see much if any difference when in-game. On desktop, when changing the gamma, it works fine, but once I enter the game, it uses some other settings.</font>

You could try the latest version 1.3.303, the hot keys had some problems! :rolleyes: At least they work fine when in-game on my machine...

That's strange, I tried now the latest version but it still didn't have any effect. But I take your word that it works on you. I presume that altering the color settings in display properties works for you as well (on my computer it doesn't)? I have WinME with Detonator 30.82 drivers, and GeForce2 MX.

Fortunately I found Rex Bellator's tip about Powerstrip in this Tech Forum thread, and it worked. This is great, as I'm trying to make a 3-battle operation that takes place from dusk to dawn in bad weather. Now I can continue work! smile.gif

You could try the latest version 1.3.303, the hot keys had some problems! :rolleyes: At least they work fine when in-game on my machine...

That's strange, I tried now the latest version but it still didn't have any effect. But I take your word that it works on you. I presume that altering the color settings in display properties works for you as well (on my computer it doesn't)? I have WinME with Detonator 30.82 drivers, and GeForce2 MX.

Fortunately I found Rex Bellator's tip about Powerstrip in this Tech Forum thread, and it worked. This is great, as I'm trying to make a 3-battle operation that takes place from dusk to dawn in bad weather. Now I can continue work! smile.gif </font>

I noticed that if I change gamma before I start CMBB, then CMBB resets the gamma. But if I change the gamma while CMBB is running, using hot keys, then it works.

This is good news indeed. If they are making vast improvements to CMBB then it won't be long before they do the same for CMBO. This is great news! I am soooooooo excited. I've got to go now so I can call and email all my friends about it. Happy days are here again!!!!!! Great news, truely great!!!

Hmm... I just wonder, how do I do this if I don't have a Windows keyboard? Can you make it customizable?

Control-escape is the same as the windows key. At least on my IBM thinkpad. Even though you don't need it for CM it can be good to know.

/Kristian