Possible to play US vs USSR?

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

T-34/100s??? Pray elucidate. This is a creature I had not heard of before.

Michael

Well in SP scenario designers can change every element of the unit combat data screen, including armour, all weapons (once, just for fun, I altered T-34s to carry TOW-2 missiles :)), etc. The feature has rarely been used properly but this scenario designer introduced a number of what-if weapons for this USSR-USA 1946 (IIRC) scenario. Nothing fancy, just logical extensions of weapons development programmes, Russians had recoilless rifles etc... but I still recall my shock when T-34/100s rolled out to meet my Shermans :)

• 4 weeks later...

hmmm, Russians vs. Americans equals two outcomes:

Conventional warfare, pre-nukes, Russia sweeps through Western Europe. America and Allies take heavy losses, but ship some people out. Who knows what would happen then?

More likely- with nukes, the Americans were in favour of 'massive retalliation' - where if there was any Soviet aggression, they would immediately respond with as many nuclear strikes as they could. No way Soviets could have survived.

But then, the fact is that nuclear deterrent probably was the single thing which stopped the USA from fighting the Soviet Union...

If CM had latrines I'd mod them too...

If anyone wants to mod it, my PTO and Korea mods use Soviet kit for Germans, before AK arrived I modded the Soviets as USA from demo bmps.

Germans as Soviets

Captured T34/85

" Su85

Marder III early uses 76mm Soviet gun (Korea mod)

Plus all the stuff the Soviets captured from the Germans can be used as is.

Soviets as USA

M3 scout

M Stuart

M4A2 76

Jeep

Uni carriers

M Halftracks

A Berlin battle might be for some people. There are some maps and scenarios at TSD that could be used as a start.