Happy Birthday – Mod Corner

My web site is now a year old, and has had over 3,900 visitors :D . Not bad considering I only recently joined the web rings. Before that, you had to follow my link from my posts on this forum! Geocities seem to like your custom because I don’t get complaints of bandwidth outrages anymore. I am fairly proud of the site, as I have taught myself Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Flash and DHTML :cool: .

I started it to show-case my mods and to do something about the dumbing down of the historical icons in CMBB. There is also a short introduction to making CM mods. So, if you need a German flag with a swastika, a decent historical icon bar or hidden unit icons, which are the right-way round, now would be a good time to visit and grab them.

I have made a lot of friends during the year including a Hollywood actor and a couple of Squad Leader designers – the resulting scenarios and operations are on the page ;) . I hope to make a few more yet as well!

(I recently used my Romanian Saint Michaels Cross hidden unit in a game, and I promise to bring it up to scratch, now that I have had a few formal lessons in Photoshop! redface.gif )

Many thanks to all my kind visitors - not had any rude email messages - apart from the spam :eek: !

[ October 27, 2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Mark Gallear ]

Hi,

Great site, I have the German censored version and have downloaded the politically incorrect one. Some questions though.

I downloaded the Flag Mod but it gave me several flag options to choose with the bmp number and a letter at the end like 401a 401b, etc... The one I use the last is the one that is going to stay?

I tried to download the written anti-censor for german and it says I should download it to the .exe file..where is that? I have put it on the main CMBB folder and it lets me start the game through it but nothing really changes..what am I doing wrong?

I would like also to change the winter color for vehicles but the only thing I find is diferent color schemes for individual vehicles. is there a place that would change all of them at once? or most of them? Its a bit tiresome to go one by one all the soviet and german vehicles.

Uniforms..where can I change those? any link?

Hi,

Great site, I have the German censored version and have downloaded the politically incorrect one. Some questions though.

I downloaded the Flag Mod but it gave me several flag options to choose with the bmp number and a letter at the end like 401a 401b, etc... The one I use the last is the one that is going to stay?

Ok with this one - extract the files to a temp folder - I created one in he CM folder. Then pick the flag versions you like - then edited the file name (change file name) so that it goes from 401a - 401 etc. Then copy them to your BMP folder. (This is easier then editing them in your BMP folder.)

I tried to download the written anti-censor for german and it says I should download it to the .exe file..where is that? I have put it on the main CMBB folder and it lets me start the game through it but nothing really changes..what am I doing wrong?

Ok you want to put it in the folder which CMBB is in - I put in C:\cm2 for ease of finding email turns to send to people - but the default is something diffrent. I think you just click on it to get it going.

I would like also to change the winter color for vehicles but the only thing I find is diferent color schemes for individual vehicles. is there a place that would change all of them at once? or most of them? Its a bit tiresome to go one by one all the soviet and german vehicles.

Their is a total winter mod for vehicles for cm mod manager on the combatmission HQ site (www.combatmission.com) - their are know a number of mod managers out - not everbody likes the orginal - you can edit the numbers by hand and put them in the bmp folder - I did it for CMBO!

Get your infantry uniforms from Andrew Fox and others on the Mod Database.

Uniforms..where can I change those? any link?

www.cmmods.com - Andrew Fox is the man - link on my site.

Ok - all the newby questions should be fairly well sorted then :D .

--------------------

Everyone is as God has made him, and oftentimes a great deal worse.

Miguel de Cervantes

Hi Mark,

Congrat's on the 1 year anniversary! I remember we started our sites about the same time, in the hype and craze of the launch of CMBB. I was unable to continue hosting the mods (remember?) but I see that you have continued with your choice mods. You've come a long way, the site is looking really good!

Keep up the good work, the CM community appreciates it!

On the written anti-censor folder...I extracted it into the cm2 folder and nothing really happens..I can even start the game through this program but it still talls about WG units instead of Waffen SS. There is a further patch that corrects spelling errors..but why should I use that one if nothing has changed in the first Mod?

About the winter colors...so unless I download the Mod manager I will have to go one by one adding the winter color scheme?

Does this also applies to those all-covering dusty Mods?

GJK - I remmber the site - I got some of the first mods from it, (which were not done by me) they still appear on it. It gave me the inspiration to do the site and plugged a small hole until the mod database came along. Pity it didn't last - I didn't think you could do it from geocities at all! I think the secret was to pick an area and just cover that. Although CMMod database is just amazing and is going from strength to strength.

I have emailed Schoerner to explain his program - it does work! The spelling changes are for the German language version.

As for the mods for the mod manager - they just have some extra number on them which you could remove by hand - a lot of work.

The site with the winter CMMODS - has the orginal mod manager - I know that somepeople have found it hard to figure out to use. (I managed it but will let the creator explain it - post on the forum directed at help for it.) There is a new mod manager on the mod database - you may want to try that as well - I havn't so far. Bear in mind these managers can mess up what you have installed already - well for CMBO anyway they can get at your CMBB CDROM directly - thanks for the small mercy!