Minefields, ARGHHHH!!!! (Sie Kommen spoiler)

(SCREENSHOT FROM SIE KOMMEN SCENARIO, BRIDGES FOR THE 82ND!!!!!!!!!!)

Alright, take a look at this;

bridgesforthe82nd2zg.th.jpg

Or for full screen;

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2320/bridgesforthe82nd2zg.jpg

All those support teams in the circle. I have spent like 6-10 turns trying to get them to go around the minefield. I started by plotting movement paths that went next to, but not through, the minefield. After that, I had them going out at right angles until they were say, 20 meters to the side of the minefield. But they stopped where they are. Luckily I took the scenario anyways, but how do you get these guys to bypass the minefield? These are veteren to crack troops, why won't they move? I've tried mvmnt to contact and move.

The minefield extends 20m by 20m, and the marker is only its centerpoint. If you are within about 14m of the marker, you are *in* the minefield.

Units within sight of enemy, if given a move to contact order, will stop - they are already *in* contact.

Units won't pay attention to a waypoint *within* a known minefield. Get out of the minefield that-away they grok. Go here inside a minefield, they say "what are you crazy? That's a minefield fer crying out loud".

You need to first get them out of the minefield. Back away from the minefield icon, 180 degrees away from it, using "sneak" (minimizing chance of hitting a mine - the slower you move the lower the chance) - or advance (to keep going and reduce morale hit if you trigger a mine). Waypoint well clear of the field.

*After* they are 20m or so away from the minefield icon, give them waypoints that go well around it, giving it a 20m wide berth, at least.

Incidentally, engineers will not throw demos to clear a minefield if somebody is already in it, because they won't throw demos that close to friendlies, period. Anybody in the field, out of it, always comes first.

Originally posted by JasonC:

Incidentally, engineers will not throw demos to clear a minefield if somebody is already in it, because they won't throw demos that close to friendlies, period. Anybody in the field, out of it, always comes first.

I would not bet on that. I had the AI clear an AT minefield with a satchel charge. There was an immo'd T34 in it. Many grunts around. I saved the turn after I heard the bang and the minefield vanished, later I surrendered that turn after reloading: No combat till then yet lots of casualties and a destroyed (not abandoned!) T34. I doubt it was a stray arty shell as the minefield was gone afterwards.

Gruß

Joachim