Need some help in a june ´41 scenario

Me an me friend be playin this ere campaign weze invented our own roolz for... an now we is startin the campaign in 41 an i be the crouts and im be da bolchies... so i an i got a looksee at is tanksies... now we din get to choose them tanks ourself but lets da computa do it for us... so now e gots loadsa t-26 wich no botha fo me aait? but thin is... eez also gots three o dem dere KV-1 tanksies... an me only gotz pz38t E an Pz IV E... sure iz gots some infantry too but dat dont be no good cos it be fairly open map see? so im be keepin is KVs far back no? an i be hidin me tanksies back the big ill in da middle of di map no? so what me gon do eh? ting is... wez only keep track o dem tanks wez gots... we no count da infantry aait? so meza no want to loos dem tanks no?? plese me need dem elp... (sorry for da wierd typin... mes been listnen to dem dere Eek a Mouse see? som a dem say la la. som a dem say woh woh. me no say dat. me na bina beng beng beng bide bide bide me ne doh?)

To Bob Marley... I mean Oddball_E8:

My only suggestion.

Did you use up all of your artillery yet? If you could only drop a big-ass smoke barrage on the KVs and support units, then use the cover to rush your infantry forward in trucks (VERY fast on dry roads) you may have a slim chance to get a platoon or two to within grenade-bundle tossing range. Otherwise, you're doomed.

DOOMED I say!

Also, see the 'What do you do March 42' thread for more hints & tips.

[ June 11, 2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

well i dont have any trucks and only a single 75mm spotter... wich i have to move to a good position before i can target anything... its a ME... oh and i forgot to say... he spread out his KV-1s along the front... so i have no hope of taking all of them out... but then again i dont think he will be moving his tanks any... and if i can only avoid getting shot to hell by his KV-1s my tanks will still get the experience... oh and i aint got no trucks either... (ps. i took some pills to get out of my ganja hazed previous state of mind ;) )

Impossible mission, hehe.

Well, is there woods on his flanks?

I made the experience, that even very good players tend to become carelessly, if they feel to strong.

3 KVs is heavy, but it is always worth a try and if you make a good trap, he will lose one.

With some luck the second. And then everything looks different.

Problem is you don't have the forces to gain initiative.

So you should try to involve him into some adventures, shouldn't you?

You mentioned, he spread the KVs over the whole front. Maybe he tends to use them seperately, too... smile.gif

You've got Pz38 and no trucks. So you will have to use the tanks as trucks.

If you can find some woods on his flank, this should be the first trap for the first KV.

Try to keep the infantry hidden and move an additional vehicle there, so that his KV becomes hungry...

Let your poor PSW drive around his nose, show him the side of the sleeping PSW-crew (but out LOS of the KV! ;) ), so that he can't resist to come closer.

Keep the artillery ready, to block LOS in the rear of the KV, once he has decided to come closer: it is possible that your men have to leave the wood and then they will need any cover they can get.

Depends on the map, where to put the Pz38, but i could imagine that Shoot&Scoot against the other KVs, while your infantry is attacking one KV, would be not that bad.

Additionally you could consider, to include another plan: hunting his smaller vehicles with your Pz38 and moving your Pz38 that way, that his KV will come closer to the woods (i.e. to protect his smaller vehicles).

Just my two Pfennig.

well i know this player very well (hes the only one i play against exept the AI) and he tends to be overly cautious... even with KV-1s... so he probarbly wont move them much... definately not into my LOS... hell just be waiting for me to do something... thing is... i have acess to the flags with my infantry... cos the flags are in the small patch of wood in the center of the hill... so i can hunker down there without that much of a risk... i think this will be a stalemate... so i guess we both win... campaign wize that is... :D

well now im really up sh*t creek... hes moving his tanks forward on my left and right flanks... hes got some t-26Es wich are soaking up my shots real good... i now have (after 6 turns) two pz38s wich have no more ammo... im making a desperate flanking attempt on my far right flank with two Psw222 and two PzIV to see if i cant get a gun damage or immobilisation on the kv on that front... the other tanks im trying to hide as best i can... horrifying...