Romanian Uniform MOD Preview and Request for Assistance

Help out an Axis (Allied?) Minor, will you? As you can see, the Romanian uniform mod is nearing completion.

romanian.jpg

rom_officer.jpg

Seen here are early-war infantry soldier and officer. Note new officer uniform and cloth helmet cover.

What I need to complete this mod are decent pix of Romanian field gear, i.e. bags, water bottles, etc. Pictures of the "y-strap" type suspenders would also be useful, although soldiers don't seem to be wearing them in most of the period photos I've seen, so I may leave them out altogether. I've got plenty of uniform references, but few for field gear and equipment.

And yes, I am aware of the two Romanian army sites out there. There's a third, actually, but it doesn't have any pictures.

[ June 09, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

You're not the only one... smile.gif

Anyone able to help out here? Individuals who provide useful reference material will be awarded the honorific of "my extra-special best friend", which will be announced to the world in this very thread! :rolleyes:

The Hungarians managed to come through for me earlier (big time). Any Romanians out there?

Originally posted by Keke:

Maybe you should use words "Romanian uniform mod" in the topic title. ;)

OK--done!

BTW, Paul "Måkjäger" Mc Mahon came through with some nifty pix from the Osprey Romanian uniforms book, so he earns the title of "Extra-Special Best Friend". Thanks from a fellow Mac user. :D

I'm still needing pix of fieldgear if anyone else can contribute, but I should be able to finish the mod with the info sent by Måkjäger. smile.gif

Andrew, just a quick query, whenever i put a uniform mod on the game the sleeves always look different or do not match in. I got the GD german uniform and your russian uniform mods and same thing happens. The trousers and the tunics are fine but the sleeves have no texture or look as tho they are the old sleeves. What am I doing wrong cos I am sure if someone else seen this it would have been posted by now. i would appreciate any help as i love the mods but the soldiers look odd in mis-matched jackets.

Thanks. Meach.

Um, if this is happening you're either not putting the proper BMPs in or not putting them in the right place. I get this from time to time when I'm using combinations of different mods and get the arm BMPs mixed up. That's the only suggestion I can really give you.

Try to get copies (or scans if anyone has these books on them--I don't)of two books by Osprey Publishers--one is "Romanian Forces in World War II"? co-authored by Mark Axelworthy (author of the definitive books "Third Axis, Fourth Allied") and another Osprey title which I THINK is entitled "Germany's Allied Forces in WWII". Both books are rich in color plates.

Originally posted by tooz:

Try to get copies (or scans if anyone has these books on them--I don't)of two books by Osprey Publishers--one is "Romanian Forces in World War II"? co-authored by Mark Axelworthy (author of the definitive books "Third Axis, Fourth Allied") and another Osprey title which I THINK is entitled "Germany's Allied Forces in WWII". Both books are rich in color plates.

I have both of these, but Makjager has already scanned these, so it would appear.

Andrew, if you need scans of either of these books, let me know via email at the usual address.

AndrewTF,

I tried Mollo & McGregor's ARMY UNIFORMS OF WORLD WAR II, in the Macmillan Color Series, but it was largely a bust, having one whole image (#79 Rumanian (sic) Infantryman) and a page and a half of text 53-53. Not terribly helpful.

What was helpful, though, was a Google search, where I found this treasure. See particularly the

Galleries for many shots of the Romanian troops in action. I noticed that in many of the shots the men wore no harness at all, much less packs. Looks like weapons, ammo and water only.

http://www.armata.home.ro/

Regards,

John Kettler

[ June 10, 2003, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]