FRAPS 2.0, CM(BO/BB), and AVI Movies?

I just saw that FRAPS 2.0 allows AVI movies with sound to be created up to 1024x768. (I haven't tried it as the utility is no longer freeware.)

I have always wanted to watch an end to end replay of my scenarios to get a sense of how the battle might have looked without all the long pauses from movie review, planning, and order giving.

Has anyone tried using FRAPS 2.0 to make a movie?

Thanks.

Okay, I just tried the limited demo.

I don't think this is going to be very feasible (note, it was only recording at 1/2 resolution):

(1) There is very substantial performance hit when recording the movie. FPS dropped from 40 to about 3-4.

(2) A 15 second clip consumbed 40Mb.

---

One could conclude that a full 35 minute movie would be quite time consuming to produce and probably easily eat up a few gig of disk space.

Oh, well ...

I think you'll find that the avi file produced is uncompressed, hence the size. You will greatly reduce the size if you use another program to compress the file......all this is explained on their website 'support' page. There is a similar issue with screenshots being uncompressed BMP files.

The frame rate will depend upon the spec of your PC and the FPS setting in Fraps. I've not tried the new v2 demo yet, but movies were possible in the older v1.9 ..... but the quality wasnt too good due to screen resolution limitations.