BFC, Suggestions concerning upcoming PDF release of CMBB Strategy Guide

May I respectfully suggest that, fine as the Guide is in terms of its tactical advice, reams of tables, etc., it might be a good idea to thoroughly proof and curry the text, preferably with the aid of syntax checking software, prior to posting the PDF for sale? Why? Having read only the first major section so far, I find the book is full of homophone errors ("site" for "sight," "tenant" for "tenet," "complimentary" for "complementary"), mangled abbreviations (apostrophe in wrong place), misspellings, and even outright factual errors, of which my current favorite is "solid shell." Talk about a contradiction in terms! Was also fascinated to "learn" that the Panzerfaust was a rocket launcher

and that most AT rocket launchers fired hollow charge projectiles. Did I miss something? I know nothing can be done about the hard copies already sold, and I'm grateful I got one, but why should the PDF have to repeat the same errors?

Regards,

John Kettler

[ November 28, 2005, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Wicky,

Good to know, but how do you tell? I found no data indicating edition, revisions, etc., despite detailed checking. On the back cover, though, of my (one of the last of the ) CMBB Strategy guide I did find a 2002 copyright date, whatever that means. If what I got is indeed the revised edition, then a fair amount of work needs to be done before the PDF's put up for sale online.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ November 28, 2005, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Here's another question. How is it that infantry use receives massive discussion and seemingly endless tabular treatment on force composition and firepower, ditto AFVs and guns in a DF antitank role, but such coverage for artillery, mortars and multiple rocket launchers seems to be signally absent, as is any discussion of blast ratings for the various tank, AT and field guns in a DF role? This makes absolutely no sense to me. The Guide has little on artillery in general, let alone the very real adjustments which must be made in order to play the Russians effectively. And did I miss the same sort of discussion for airpower? Seems to me that with more aircraft types, some with a bunch of loadout options, a discussion of how to use these capabilities properly would've been good. How do you fight a combined arms battle when you've only got a handle on two of the four? Call me confused!

Regards,

John Kettler