Darn, Those Russians are Good!

I hope CMx2 deals with 'everything that can be spotted will be.' I also hope it deals with how quickly something is spotted. In a pbem I'm playing, I'm the defending Germans in a QB. I had an MG42 in a house unhide and begin firing for the first time in the game, which it did at one second into the action phase. At three seconds, it was taking fire from an enemy squad

300 or so meters away. At six seconds, three squads were firing at it, none closer than 250 meters or so. Pretty amazing, that the Russians

would hear an MG firing, freeze or drop down, look in the direction they heard the sound, see the tracers, locate the house, bring weapons to

bear, and begin firing, all within 2-5 seconds. Darn! Those Russians are good.

BFC, fix or do sumfink. smile.gif (I never thought I'd ever write that....)

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

How far apart were the russains? How much cover did they have? Were they Regular or better?

The three squads were all spread across the map. One was at the far left edge, one close to the middle, and the third not far from the second. All were in woods or tall pines. I don't know their quality.

Even for upper quality troops, if they were, but I doubt, that's really quick reactions.

Originally posted by Denwad:

sanok realize that if the russians have longer reaction times so will your troops

I don't care about that. I just want the reaction times to be reasonable and realistic, not silly.

I remember a game of CMBO I played several years ago when I first bought the game. I was defending in a QB. An assault HT and two regular HTs were advancing on my position. I had a light ATG fire at the assault HT. I zoomed in close to watch the destruction. I heard the sound of the ATG firing, but before the shell even struck, which it did, the other two HTs were already firing their MGs at my gun. That's simply ludicrous.

Ha, I remember reading an account of how, early in the Battle of Britain, a newspaper reporter asked a Defence Ministry official how it was that British pilots were so good at getting the jump on German formations. The reporter was told that it was because of the large quantities of carrots that British pilots ate (instead of radar). This was duly reported by the newspaper.

Within a few weeks, the commander of at least one Luftwaffe fighter squadron on the French coast started feeding his pilots substancially increased quantities of carrots. Needless to say, he didn't see much of a change in things, vis-a vis British pilots getting a jump on his formations. tongue.gif