Trees - New MOD uploaded

Hi guys

I finally got CMBB a couple of weeks ago and I've just uploaded my first CMBB mod to www.cmmods.com

I've replaced the stock trees (summer and autumn) with new versions which I think look more like the sort of trees that are common in Russia. The conifers are pine, larch and spruce (Taiga) and the hardwood trees are predominantly birch.

There is a hi-res version as well as a lo-res version for people running older systems or systems with a card that downsamples the higher res images more dramatically (e.g. My DP Mac with Geforce 4MX card)

There are a couple of screenies below.

Hope you get some good use out of them.

SDog

SD_TREES2.JPG

Looks real good ingame, thanks for the mod. And hey Noobie, got a favor to ask, there is a JSII tank that looks real outa place in the snow. I was wondering since you are the expert with the russian stuff, could you plleeaassseee, mod this one?? That is if you aren't to busy.

SDog ... another gem! Many thanks.

What other terrain mods are you using in those screenies ?

I gotta agree with Mr Noobie about the gridded grass .... I'm looking for a good set of gridded terrain but also a non-gridded version of the same terrain so I can easily switch between the two without messing up the 'look' of the game with my other mods !

Can anybody help with this ?

Lou2000

Hi again

Thanks for all the postive comments, it's good to hear that my trees are increasing your CMBB viewing pleasure smile.gif

As to Qs:

Lou2000 - The only mods in the screenshots are Tanks a Lots peasant shacks (which I really like - I hope he's doing the other buildings too) and my trees. The rest are the default maps that ship with CMBB.

BadgerDog - Installing these trees won't effect Captain Wacky's (or anyones) terrain. You'll still be able to see the grids just fine.

bfamily33 - Maybe smile.gif Do you know the bmp numbers for the Jagdpanther in CMBB?

Louie the Toad - Minnesota and Russia are probably not as different as you think smile.gif

Do you mean CMBO in general or trees for CMBO? I've got a tree pack in the works. It's nearly finished (It would have been finished but the arrival of CMBB shifted my attention).

Tom TCMHQ - As for grass ;) just the stuff that ships with CMBB.

I think that's everything?

SDog

Originally posted by Strontium Dog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Hey Dawg, you gonna do some winter versions of the pines? You know, with snow on 'em? Maybe you could get MrNoobie to snow'em up for yah. He did a great job on his T34s.

Ji VJ

I'm working on it. So far I'm not happy with what I've done but I'll keep at it. </font>