Happy Russo-German Non-aggression Pact Day!

google-fu turned up this reference:

Veklempt is a Mike Myers phrase he used in the "Coffee Talk" sketches on SNL where he played a woman whom he based on his real aunt. It was a call-in "talk show" - very funny. It may very well be a jewish mother word too, I would assume, meaning: choked-up, teary-eyed.

Thanx Wicky I bothered to Google search Veklempt (mostly saw some strange chat forums by that: as an Aussie I notice the irony!) and I gather from the way it was used there that it basically means something like emotionally teary as you said.

Definately Yidish or psudo-Yidish can anyone make sure as it is not in my Litvak Zodynas. (Yidish Dictionary.) :confused:

[ August 23, 2005, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Zalgiris 1410 ]

Originally posted by Shmavis:

Yes, that's right, friends. Today, 66 years ago, Molotov and von Ribbentrop were toasting each other's evil empire before they split Poland and other territories. Schnapps and Vodka for everyone(not really)!

Split Poland? Hmmm... Perharbs Poland should protest and demand back parts of Ukraine, Belorussia, Lithvinia back...

It would be funny to look at, realy...

It may interest some of you to know 24 August is also Ukraine Independence Day - that's when they punted the SU back in 1991. There is a band tootling away underneath my window right now, and a parade bimbling down Kiev's main street as write this, as a matter of fact.