Mikey D's Elefant mod .... problem?

I need some help here please. I just installed Mikey D's great new Elefant mod & it's not working :confused: ! I wanted to see what it looked like & I still have the default bmp's. I tested my Powerarchiver program with another mod & it works as expected. Mikey's mod came with an icon file. Is there something I'm supposed to do with this icon file to make the mod work? I'd appreciate some feedback with this one. This is really weird!

Thanks.

Rob check yours CM bpm folder.perhaps you will have subfolder : mikeydelephant or somfink.then you will have to add files manually to you main CM bpm folder.usually subfolder its on top of list.

good luck

konrad

Thanks for the suggestion. I got it figured out - I hope. Anyone who hasn't downloaded this mod; be advised that it's time specific; ie. it won't appear before July '44 ( I think ). It can be a bit confusing as it ( the vehicle ) was referred to as the Elefant ( name given by Hitler ) or the Ferdinand ( the troops still used this designation even after the name change ).

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Thanks for the suggestion. I got it figured out - I hope. Anyone who hasn't downloaded this mod; be advised that it's time specific; ie. it won't appear before July '44 ( I think ). It can be a bit confusing as it ( the vehicle ) was referred to as the Elefant ( name given by Hitler ) or the Ferdinand ( the troops still used this designation even after the name change ).

How time specific is it? I mean was it only in use for a certain span of months, because I can't locate it.

Remember, there's the Ferdinand (default graphics) and the Elefant (MikeyD graphics). The two are actually the same vehicle before and after a major overhaul program. Elefant's got the bow mg and the commander's cupola, among other changes.

Sorry for that darned 'Icon' file. I work on a mac and my 'DropZip' freeware adds that file. I suspect it used to be an invisible mac housekeeping file. It's not related to the mod itself and can be discarded.

I can't recall, I'm away from the game, but Hitler didn't officially rename the Ferdinand til very late 1944, when the Ferdi had just a couple months of life left.

BUT, I suspect the in-game Elefant is the rebuilt Ferdi with the cupola and gun. After the rebuild it was still known as the Ferdinand for awhile, though most reference books overlook that detail. The Elefant should be available from... er... July 44 perhaps?

[ February 04, 2003, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Bonjour Gents,

Also... besides late war... i.e. after July '44... if you are using Player Selected forces... say in Quick Battle... you have to choose 'SS Mechanized' forces on the first options screen for the Elefant to show up on the Armor unit listings on the next screen... and it's at the bottom of page 2...

Cordially, Duke of Earl