Scenario recommendatons??

I've been away doing other life things for several months, but I'm back to playing CMBB again. I need some specific scenario recommendations for single play against the AI, and also some PBEM.

I like scenarios where the units are manageable (not too many), there's lots of shooting and action, the terrain is interesting, and I can play in one afternoon or evening if I'm playing AI. Those are the best, although I certainly know how to play a longer game if it's good enough.

Lots of you have been playing CMBB for a long time while I was otherwise engaged, so I'm hoping you've some good recommendations. Going to Scenario Depot is overwhelming if I don't have some guidance. Please give me your recommendations, your reasons, and where to get the scenario. Remember, I need something I can get into quickly for a good game.

Thanks a lot,

Jake

Hi Lawyer,

Invite you to take a look at The Proving Grounds (link in sig below). We have over 100 scenario's and a scenario search feature that includes search by points, by turns and by size. Note, these are scenarios that are in various stages of beta testing - ones that will eventually wind up at the Scenario Depot should they make the cut. We have a great time playing the scenarios and also discussing them with the author/others in the forum designated for each individual scenario.

You can also pick up an opponent to play one of the scenarios with by using the opponent finder feature to find a match that is looking for the same things you are in a game. Coming up on 500 registered members (and growing!)

Hope to see you there.

You could try 'Katukov Strikes Back' on the cd or download 'Ambush T-034' from the Scenario Depot. Play both scenarios from the Soviet side...you'll see the difference right away.

'Ambush T-34' is especially instructive as it is set up that way; it's a Soviet armored raid, one has to withdraw one's assets after hitting a German supply column that has armored support.

'Arctic Campfire' at The Proving Ground, is a facinating Soviet night ski-troop attack across a frozen lake against a German position.

The Scenario Depot:

http://ns9.super-hosts.com/~dragonlair.net/combatmission/

[ October 29, 2003, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: Alkiviadis ]