Sound Mods

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice job. The firefights sound much more visceral now, and pretty scary. Great AFV KO sounds, as well.

2 things-I went back to the stock tank tread sound (I couldn't hear the new version as well), and the fire seems just a touch too loud. Minor stuff compared to how great this pack is.

Great work!!

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

you can just put the volume up! thats what i did, if your on a PC you can use the sound recorder and bring up the volume. so now i have loud tank idle and sound movement.

Hmmm.... I'd like to do that... so, how do I do that? :D

Or, would it be simpler if someone emailed me the finished result?

Thanks

Regards,

Badger

Originally posted by Snowbart:

NCrawler, can i manually install these sound files or are they only for the CMMOS installer program-thingy?

You can choose to install them anywhere you want.I made a new folder on my desk top and installed them into it.I then went thru all the files by hand and picked out the ones i wanted.

Originally posted by BadgerDog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrNoobie:

you can just put the volume up! thats what i did, if your on a PC you can use the sound recorder and bring up the volume. so now i have loud tank idle and sound movement.

Hmmm.... I'd like to do that... so, how do I do that? :D

Or, would it be simpler if someone emailed me the finished result?

Thanks

Regards,

Badger </font>

your on a pc? the do a search "sound recorder" it should show up.

I have the sound recorder... :D

I'm just not sure what to load, or what to do with it even if I did know what to load? doh!!!

Is it possible to email me the WAV files in question?

Regards,

Badger

all the info and map came with the d/l of NCrawlers mod. just look in the wav folder and there should be a sound map.txt or something in that matter. all the new sounds he added are listed there :D

Ahhhhh.... thank you.... <salute>

Regards,

Badger

Originally posted by Snowbart:

thanks abunch nevermind...looks like it might be a serious project.

Well,if you dont already have some sound mods,id just use all of his.I had alot from several other modders that i really liked and if his werent better i didnt want them.He has some really good ones in there though,the planes,and close combat are very good.I just started playing a game all from view level one and two,and damn do i have more respect for mortar fire thanks to his sounds :eek: I wish someone had pointed out sooner how much more challenging it is to play at view one and two.

[ April 10, 2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: nevermind ]