Jam rates : HMG-34 vs. 42

In the current battle I'm playing, I have four total HMG-34's and two HMG-42's. It is April '43 in the North, overcast, cold, and wet. Both '42's are currently jammed, and none of the '34's are. Is this just a bad coincidence, or does the HMG-42 jam more frequently? If the answer is yes it does jam more than a '34.....is this also true for the LMG variants?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Snowbart:

Dohh, I knew that!(about LMG's). I spoke before thinking....

What about HMG's guys???

From what I remember as I haven't played for several months now but HMG's are prone to random jamming. The type of weather obviously plays a part here i.e., hot/most likey to overheat, cold/most likey to freeze - pretty self explanatory really.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the MG-42's had a higher rate of fire than the MG-34's by a factor of about a third it's hardly surprising. The '42's were pumping out bullets so quickly that it sounded like canvas ripping. From my understanding, even current day HMG's with all the advances that have been made with technology have deliberately lower ROF's than the "ancient" MG-42 due to the potential jamming problems.

Regards

Jim R.