REAL youTube Porsche suspension JagdTiger footage!

For all you who watch the CMBB tank animations and imagine they're the real thing - here's the real thing!

YouTube JagdTiger, yellow paint scheme, porsche suspension, zimm coating. Looks just like my old mod :D Includes footage of the beasties doing donuts in an open field. Much more maneuverable than you'd expect.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Includes footage of the beasties doing donuts in an open field. Much more maneuverable than you'd expect.

Because tanks that can do donuts in wide open terrain are just better! A little razzle dazzle to stun and amaze the enemy tongue.gif

You realize that every time there is a cut/edit that's when a track was thrown.

(I'm just playing) Nice long clip. Thanks for finding that MikeyD

What I think is interesting is how that Jagdtiger's missing an entire porche suspension pair on left side. It look like those two back wheels are doing alot of the work!

And I like that 75mm gun Valentine parked beside it in the opening shot (looks just like my mod in CMAK smile.gif ). You can see the exhaust puffing out of the Valentine's oddly mounted muffler. This was pre-EPA calalytic converters.

Ugh. Trying to get your girlfriend interested in WWII tanks is like her trying to get you interested in girlie diet self-help books. Or the poety of Sylvia Plath. Not to be unkind, but sometimes gender stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.

MikeyD,

Fabulous find! Hadn't seen either before, and the Screaming Eagle Hardware ad almost killed me. Phenomenal image quality compared to usual YouTube

standards. How many tanks can that M10 expect to kill while only armed with a Ma Deuce and having that huge shot trap?! Wish I could remember the tag line about how comfortable the M10 is so I could respond with "Yeah, until it rains, sleets and snows!" No idea why the Jagdtiger suspension got so much coverage, but the rest of the beast didn't get the high res treatment.

As for women and wargaming, don't tell Bugged, and watch out for Kitty!

Regards,

John Kettler

Well... actually, guys, she LOVES me and we're going to get married. She's not really a stereotypical woman. She plays PC and console games (and Beat'em Up's are her favorite) and likes battle axes... and is planning on collecting them. So... I'd say it's just a tiny step to playing wargames with me. She already beat me in a few. It's not that she has the better tactics (in fact, I think she has none!) but rather that my tactics are too complex for a non-professional enemy, so to speak... :D

On topic: I was very surprised how fast the Jagdtiger really was - and how maneuverable considering the damage to the suspension. I'd like to know if modern tanks could without a few road wheels...