Noob Q..simulating LOS

I'll be up against a an allied player with superior armor advantages (t34's etc)

Question,how can I run a simulated game to check

LOS,I've not had much time to play CM mission even though I've owned it for 2 years and the few times I've had time to play,I've had problems

guessing what the LOS conditions were before my units arrived..I'd spend 15 turns moving a AT gun into place only to find it could not see the objective targets because of some blockage. My goal naturally is to hide my big AT guns with peek-a-boo LOS..help needed. smile.gif

Originally posted by The Colonel:

Mystro

you can also go to your scenario editor and open up the scenario file. Then go to map editor and preview map. Then you can place forces anywhere on the map and check LOS.

Excellent Col,thats exactly the info I needed..very helpful. In RL,a commander would generally have map terrain/elevation for LOS info so I don't feel like I'm taking a shortcut using this method.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Manstein22

The Colonel writes

Mystro

you can also go to your scenario editor and open up the scenario file. Then go to map editor and preview map. Then you can place forces anywhere on the map and check LOS.

and have a look where all those enemy bastards are hidden!!!

Okay if this is you vs the AI it is okay.But is it fun?

If you play H2H then it is downright cheating and I`m not expecting that of my opponents!!

Manstein22

I wouldn't imagine anyone using it to see your opponents setup. If you're playing the AI and sticking to scenario default setup, there's no fun in seeing where the enemy is. In H2H, doesn't your opponent do his own setup? Mine all do. And they also use the map for testing.