DD Terrain Mod Pics

Could someone be kind enough to post some screenshots of DD's terrain mod pack for CMBB?

The file sizes are very large on the CM Mod Database website. I do not wish to do all that downloading without first taking a look at some screenshots of the terrain mods, and making sure I wish to install them.

Thanks

I don't want to knock anyone's work, and DD put a lot of work into the mod, clearly.

However, I found I did not like this mod -- everything looked sort of burned, like grass in a drought. Thanks to CMMOS (yay!) reinstallation of the BFC textures was painless.

Your experience might be different, though. With CMMOS you could always just d/l it overnight, pop the mod in the next day, and see what you think. If you don't like it, removal is a breeze.

Here is a pic of the mod:

abn.jpg

[ February 06, 2003, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Becket ]

Originally posted by Becket:

I don't want to knock anyone's work, and DD put a lot of work into the mod, clearly.

However, I found I did not like this mod -- everything looked sort of burned, like grass in a drought. Thanks to CMMOS (yay!) reinstallation of the BFC textures was painless.

Everyone has their own preference but I very much prefer DD's "burned" look. I think it's much more realistic (as opposed to the lush-green-lawn look of the original -- almost like a golf course!)

CBB

Originally posted by cbb:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Everyone has their own preference but I very much prefer DD's "burned" look. I think it's much more realistic (as opposed to the lush-green-lawn look of the original -- almost like a golf course!)

CBB </font>

I ended up combining bits and pieces from DD's mod, the original .bmps, and the RealColor mod for my terrain set. Looks pretty damned good now, though I couldn't replicate it if I had an HD crash due to the mix and match nature of the the terrain sets I've installed.

Suggestion - if you guys get a mod set you're happy with, burn a copy of your .bmp folder to a CD. It SUCKS to have to reinstall all the mods, even if you've already downloaded them.