Another Disputed VL Flag Mod

This time using a couple of Russian propaganda posters brought to my attention via another thread.

Replaces the grey ? flag, and the in-game quality is as good as I could get. I'll do some more if there's a demand and someone can give me a source. I'll leave the Nazi propaganda posters to another less squeamish than myself.

I wonder if the flag-meister Juju will swing by and feel inspired to mod the ? flag himself....

Uploaded to the CMMod Database which seems to be going through one of it's terminally slow phases again. Still, the .zip file is only 148k so it might just get to you before your ISP automatic cut-off kicks in ;)

20031282545385257237292.jpg20031287346845428381523.jpg

Flag Meister!? Hah! Entirely too much praise. smile.gif Easiest mod I ever did, especially since most of it came from another game. :rolleyes:

Did think about the neutral flag. But something neutral and catchy as the "V-for victory" mod for CM:BO..., well, I haven't thought of anything yet.

Cool looking flags, BTW, Rex. What do they say?

Heh - that explains why I picked it, my subconcious LOTR addicition had kicked in again, gollum.

AFAIK (second hand translation) the Yul Brynner cossack is drawing his sword to the command 'Protect The Motherland!'. I don't really know what Gandalf The Red is saying, I think it has something to do with joining the army. Perhaps one of out our two (or so) Russian forum members can help.

Actually, these flags have been one of the shortest lived mods in my game ever, thanks to Bogdan. Yes, I now have his infamous 'MG42 and crew' - ahem - flying proudly over all ? objectives. I'm sure my men are moving a little bit faster towards them as well :D

I'd post a pic (it looks pretty funny IMO) but I wouldn't want to upset Matt. Seems a shame to take those objectives now.

[ January 30, 2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Rex_Bellator ]

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

So Charlton is a "Commie". Well, I'll be.

Just goes to show, appearances can be deceiving.

GET YOUR STINKING HANDS OFF OF ME, YOU DAMN DIRTY fascist?.

Nope. He can't be a commie. (not to mention Cornelius & Zira wouldn't have loved him).