New Scenarios from Boots & Tracks - and some changes

Hey all,

The team is in the midst of a webpage move. We are having some issues with the old site at the moment and are working on getting a brand new one with improved functionality (specifically a searchable database; this makes updates a lot easier for us). We have a temporary page up for the time being at Wyatt Barnett's 3dwargamer.net page at the following address:

http://www.3dwargamer.net/bootsandtracks/

We only have a limited number of our scenarios on the database right now, but we do have some stuff to offer right now:

The Kursk Pack:

"Opening moments" by Rune

"Ghost column at Rzhavets" by Kinch

"Point 256" by Kinch

"Scorpions on the Steppes" by Kingfish

"Ponyri Express" by JWXSpoon

(Franko's awesome Prokhorovkha scenario is still in production.)

We also have several other scenarios to release that we were not able to have released at the old B&T site:

"B&T-Panzers in Finland" by Rune

"B&T-Sword of Bagration" by Scott B (two versions - one for vs AI and one for two players)

"B&T-Thunder on the Dneister" by Rune

"RD-Chernishaya Heights" by Scott B

All of the new stuff - both the individual scenarios and the Kursk Pack - are available here.

We hope to release the round one RoWIII scenarios shortly, as well as a handful of others that are currently in testing. Thanks for your patience as we've worked through some technical difficulties. The new site should be a lot easier for all involved once it's ready to go.

Scott

Also, the team has had a few personnel changes.

As a result of real life conflicts, Keith Yeates and Terry McLaughlan have had to step down from the team. They both put a lot of time and effort into making Boots & Tracks what it is, and they will be missed.

In addition, the team has brought on several new members through a variety of methods:

Robert Bunting

Larry McGarvey

Richard Rogers

Chuck Rohde

Marc Sullivan

We welcome these new members and look forward to new projects and many new scenarios in the future.

Scott

A few comments here:

The DB thing has been in the works for a while but has been rolled out a bit ahead of schedule due to current circumstances. In any case, I consider it late beta software and am all ears in terms of comments and suggestions.

Also, as of right now about 90% of B&T's cmbb battles are in there. We are working on getting everything else in there, but, for now, enjoy.

Enjoy.

WWB

Originally posted by GJK:

The scenario/operation search is great, thanks for that guys!

One little thing, the column headers for "Date" and "Type" are reversed on the results page.

Good luck on the new site design!

Argh! Knew I forgot something. Its on the fix list.

Nice site yourself . . .

WWB

I played one of their scenarios last night and had so much fun I figure this thread deserves a big bump.

If you've run through all the CD scenarios and all the Stalingrad pack scenarios long ago and have played one too many generic Quickbattle, I highly recommend picking up these.

Originally posted by Cpt. Cook:

This is weird. I just can't seem to bring up the site. I get a new window, normal, but an error box appears and says the attempt failed. It is the correct (i.e. new) URL, and I have tried typing it in manually. Same result.

I'm on an iMAc with recent IE.

Ugh. Well, that's no good. Would you prefer that I send you the scenarios directly for the time being? This site is a temporary solution anyway (albeit already prettier and more reliable than the old one).

Scott

Originally posted by Scott B:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cpt. Cook:

This is weird. I just can't seem to bring up the site. I get a new window, normal, but an error box appears and says the attempt failed. It is the correct (i.e. new) URL, and I have tried typing it in manually. Same result.

Ugh. Well, that's no good. Would you prefer that I send you the scenarios directly for the time being? This site is a temporary solution anyway (albeit already prettier and more reliable than the old one).

Scott </font>

Originally posted by Cpt. Cook:

Hmm, this is odd. Do you have another browser you can try? I am not sure if this is a browser issue or a connection issue. Trying another browser will help narrow down the problem.

I suspect it is a connection issue--I am not doing anything odd, wierd or platform specific on the site. There is not even a lick of javascript involved. Then again, I have no facilities to test much of anything on a mac.

WWB