Recommended sound mod(s)?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for giving me more time to spend on modding the sounds instead of mapping them Shatter. :D

I have now modded all the cannon sounds except the 105, 128 and 150... those are still scipios... I am now in the process of removing some of my ambience sounds that had a bit too much fighting in them... well im not removing them, but i am going to include alternatives to them...

But it will be a big mod so i think i will cut it into some smaller pieces... btw the new cannon sounds ROCK!!! (might even release them a bit earlier just to let you hear them)

Only thing is that they are from some soundmods for OFP... and since i combined them into one soundmod for OFP (personal use only) i dont know who made them... All mod makers out there that think i should release anyway raise your hands!

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

Thanx for giving me more time to spend on modding the sounds instead of mapping them Shatter. :D

I have now modded all the cannon sounds except the 105, 128 and 150... those are still scipios... I am now in the process of removing some of my ambience sounds that had a bit too much fighting in them... well im not removing them, but i am going to include alternatives to them...

But it will be a big mod so i think i will cut it into some smaller pieces... btw the new cannon sounds ROCK!!! (might even release them a bit earlier just to let you hear them)

Only thing is that they are from some soundmods for OFP... and since i combined them into one soundmod for OFP (personal use only) i dont know who made them... All mod makers out there that think i should release anyway raise your hands!

Send them my way I check them out

OK... the cannon (and one atr) mods are done but i have misplaced my CM mod database password during my change of computers and now i have to get a new one... once thats done ill upload the mod... and just to make all of you happy its in .wav format... no mp3s to convert this time... nice huh? ;) and since i am a lazy git i wont include a readme file... tongue.gif

Update: Its uploading! (that was fast service... thanx Cmmods :D )

[ February 18, 2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Oddball_E8 ]

Originally posted by Apache:

Just to confirm, are the two latest mods at the CM Mod DB the lot now? Just want to make sure? Am downloading them now bust will keep going back to check if there's more to come.

well there will be more addon sounds... but it will take a while... right now i am working on some new penetration sounds (NO NOT THAT KIND YOU DIRTY B*STARDS! :D ) but i dont think everyone will like these... they have more of an "explosion" sound to them... it sounds like the rounds hitting the tank are doing alot of damage every time... but they ROCK when you get a catastrophic explosion...

Well i am not done with any of the sounds i have on my harddrive (´cept for the ones already released ofcourse...) and i wont release them until i am done...

Well ok... the background sounds are done, but i am "negotiating" an upload via a fast connection instead of my modem (ie. i am asking a frend, but he is lazy and it might take some convincing) and until then i wont upload them...

But id better get a move on cos ive started messing around with them too :D

Yup... well some of the sounds in the fater of none mod are not mine... like the explosions and cannons... those are scipios and now i have decided to make some of my own instead... so my answer is both yes and no... yes they do replace some sounds, and no they are not actually replacements since the original (from my mod) files are not mine...

And some of the other sounds might be overwritten too... but then its because i have found a better sound...

Lets just say it like this: I will be releasing a mod called FatherOfNoneSoundMod_Addon wich will ADD new sounds that i have not included in the old mod such as the backgroundsounds and intromusic... but all the other mods i am releasing now are "patches" for the original FatherOfNoneSoundMod...

ok?

I dont know actually... i have a couple of reports i have to write for school and i also work (intern) between 14-22 every day now so i am not doing any huge amount of modding at the moment...

I only have one more week of internship and then i will be in school for two weeks before going to the mountains for a one week ski-trip with my class... so right now i wont be doing much modding... but i will try to make as much as i can... for you noob :D

ok... dont get scared now ;) but i only use dbPowerAMP and the standard soundrecorder program you get with windows... its not like i am creating these sounds from scratch... i modify soundfiles... so i dont actually do much other than look for sounds everywhere... the net, mods, games... anyghing you can think of...

Sometimes i feel like a thief (especially when i know the sound is from a mod, but i dont know wich one so i cant give credit or ask for permission) but when i think of the fact that the sounds will be put to good use and bring the gaming experience up a notch it feels good again... :D

I had a period where i downloaded loads of free-trial sound editing programs but i didnt find any free ones and i dont want to pay for the few extra funktions that one gets... but if anyone would like to mail me a good and free sound editing program i would be happy smile.gif cos basically the only things i can do to a sound right now is increase/decrease speed and volume, add echo (bad ones) and mix/insert other sounds... this limits my mod-making capacity a little... so it depends more on the sounds i find than on my creativity...

Hi folks,

I'm surprised that my souds are still so beloved smile.gif

I have not read everything above, so excuse if I repeat something.

a) There is a soundmap at the CMModDepot by Shatter. Praise his name.

B) CMBB uses more soundfiles for the same weapon, especially for infantry. I don't plan to make 'add-ons' for CMBB.

c) The easiest thing would be to just copy my soundfiles and rename them to get the additional sounds (I have done this for me, too).

d) I'm currently more interested that BTS would expand the sound map for heavy weapons. Indeed I've send Madmatt a file for the quad-2cm Flak, but it seems he wasn't impressed enough. I'm also not happy that the recoiless rifles and Panzerfausts/-schrecks are still using the same sound, as well as the small and medium mortars. Just some examples.

Originally posted by Scipio:

Hi folks,

I'm surprised that my souds are still so beloved smile.gif

I have not read everything above, so excuse if I repeat something.

a) There is a soundmap at the CMModDepot by Shatter. Praise his name.

B) CMBB uses more soundfiles for the same weapon, especially for infantry. I don't plan to make 'add-ons' for CMBB.

c) The easiest thing would be to just copy my soundfiles and rename them to get the additional sounds (I have done this for me, too).

d) I'm currently more interested that BTS would expand the sound map for heavy weapons. Indeed I've send Madmatt a file for the quad-2cm Flak, but it seems he wasn't impressed enough. I'm also not happy that the recoiless rifles and Panzerfausts/-schrecks are still using the same sound, as well as the small and medium mortars. Just some examples.

Thanks for the comments Scipio. Ya your sound mods IMO are still the best. I too have just renumbered all your sounds from CMBO to CMBB.

Oddball_E8 is on to some good ones now. I just hope they are in the right frequency this time. I have not gotten the new ones at CMMODS but am looking forward to getting the time to check them out.

Oddball_E8 with some of the sounds that are a little wimpy have you tried slowing them down just a little. This is what I have done as well as beefed up the volume on them. What are you using to edit the sounds?

I use a program by TDK, digital mixing.