allow sewer movment on parameter screen what does this mean

When sewer movement is allowed to a side, it is possible to move from the ground level of any intact, large heavy building or factory tile, to the ground floor of any other intact, large heavy building or factory tile. The units must be in command and stationary in the required location when the order is given. The time it takes depends on distance but is quite high, at rate of about 10m per minute. Only very short moves can be completed in "tactical times", with longer attempts coming in at 15 minutes and up.

They can miss and end elsewhere, or return to where they started, or disappear altogether. After their command delay the units sink into the floor and are removed from the map. After the time (approximate only, and variable) has elapsed, they emerge where they emerge, usually but not always where intended. For more details, see the manual as said.

Originally posted by JasonC:

it is possible to move from the ground level of any intact, large heavy building or factory tile, to the ground floor of any other intact, large heavy building or factory tile.

One exception to this is that you can't cross water barriers using sewer movement. I'm not sure if this applies to one or two-tile water barriers, such as a small pond or fountain within a city.

That depends on whether or not the TacAI plots the most direct route from building to building, or has freedom to navigate around to find the best approach routes.

• 2 years later...

Unfortunately, Kingfish is wrong: You CAN cross water barriers with sewer movement. I´ve tested this in my "River City"-map. I ordered a platoon of german infantry to cross from a factory on the mainland to a factory on a small island in the river. The distance from the shore to the island is at least three tiles. Two of the three squads managed to get across the river. One squad ended up in it´s starting position - and the HQ never surfaced again.

Of course - in my opinion - you shouldn´t be able to do this. I don´t think it can be many - if any - cities that have build sewers that cross under rivers.

Cheers