:

I just noticed that there are no T-28s in the russian oob. Just wondering why?

Because the T28 was a multi-turret AFV and the game engine can't handle a multi-turret vehicle.

As it says in the FAQ.

(Darn, just couldn't resist tongue.gif )

[ June 18, 2003, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

Weren't the secondary turrets MG-only, though? I'm pretty sure there's a T-26 with two MG turrets in the game, and it seems the T-28 could be modeled (well, faked) the same way.

The T-35, well, that's a different story, and while I'd like to see it, it didn't see much action anyway.

that would be a good idea; showing the mg turrets but not having them function; at least it would allow for the t-28 to be in the game. it appears as though it generally had one of 2 types of 76mm gun, and by 1941 most if not all were up-armored to 80mm frontal. that would be - even without functioning mg turrets - a decent opponent for germans in those early war scenarios. the one with the 'L-10 gun' in particular would have been fairly tough; a 76.2mm 'L/26' at 555 meters per second muzzle velocity.

http://www.battlefield.ru/t28.html

perhaps beyond the multi-turret issue, one key reason they were left out of cmbb was their mechanical unreliability. perhaps the majority of them were abandoned en route rather than destroyed in actual combat.

the web page referenced above states that most all of them were destroyed within the first 2 months, but some of them fought on into 1943 (leningrad front) and were at the battle of moscow (1941).

i would agree though that it would be worth it to see them modelled, even with non-functioning mg turrets. but that will probably have to wait for the new engine...