NOWT Tournament - The End !

Gents,

Round 1 is complete and it is clear that the blue team have a comfortable lead

Blue 7111

Red 5701

Green 3770

Yellow 3668

The tournament details have been updated -> NOWT Pages

I'm playing a non-NOWT game against Jiggles at the moment using the planned settings for round 3. I'll post them once we have finnished and found any 'obvious' flaws in the settings.

Good luck to those still in the knockout part of the tournament.

[ December 22, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Lou2000 ]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apache v Athkatla now underway. Dodgy one this. Nice hills, few ravines, not much tree cover. Hope it doesn't become a long range armour duel with both of us too worried to move. Ah.......what the heck.........wagons roll!!! smile.gif

[ June 08, 2003, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Originally posted by Apache:

Apache v Athkatla now underway. Dodgy one this. Nice hills, few ravines, not much tree cover. Hope it doesn't become a long range armour duel with both of us too worried to move. Ah.......what the heck.........wagons roll!!! smile.gif

I'm already on the move too mate :D

I have been following this tourney since the beginning ,mainly because my brother is involved,

and we have played some games using the same settings. However given that they are all apparently PBEM we have experimented with 3000 pointers [on huge maps]which take no longer to play than the 1500 pointers. The blessing is that with 3000 points you can get a balanced force with reasonable scouting artillery tanks and infantry. This 3 tanks and thats your lot leaves one very conscious of how much "lucky" shots can ruin your day.

I recommend you look at the possibility

PJ (he had first pick and went with the Germans) and I have started our match and exchanged a couple of turns. The generator has thrown up a map with a central hill and two flags stuck on the top. There's a road which bisects the map from East to West and goes straight over the hill. Violence has ensued from turn 1 with both sides using the road for a bit of fast and furious action. Should be a suitably bloody affair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump....just wondering how the rest of the games are going. PJ and I are slogging it out at a regular pace. Our central hill is now crowned by several bits of burning metal with Made in Germany stamped on them. PJ boldly went for the flags early, got the minor under control and a unit at the major flag, but it cost him a stug and some halftracks. I'm counter-attacking and have the small problem of a Panther to take care of at some point. Everything to play for.

Well, from the other half of the draw, PJ and I are only on turn 10 and we have a two week hiatus coming up due to a holiday, so we won't finish anytime soon.

We've had a reasonably dramatic 10 turns so far though. I've managed to retake the major flag so the points advantage looks to have swung back rather heavily to the Russians. The Germans will now have to focus all their efforts on that one flag.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in updating this

Wesreidau has gained a tactical victory over Gary Barr and secured himself a place in the Semi-Finals. Congratulations !

Still waiting for the results from Mr Byte Vs CMS Hollis and SteveS Vs Prester John.

And also the remaining games in the runner up round.

Have any of these games died off or are they still running ?? I've not heard anything from players for a while.

The current scores and positions are here

NOWT

Any updates on games or player status would be good !

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

I'm going to have to put a time limit on the remaining games - I need results (full game/ceasefire/surrender) for the current games by Sun 31 Aug.

Then we can get the semi-finals underway and hopefully get the final played before CMAK hits the streets.

Sorry to do this (and I know it the holiday season) but its nearly 6 months since we started and we haven't finnished the second round yet :eek:

Lou

Originally posted by Firefly:

Lou, does this apply to those of us in the also-rans part of the tournament?

Good Point !

No I dont think there is a need to call time on those games .......but I'd like get the other games moving along a little .... there are some people who have been waiting for quite a while !