Work in progress : Ambush Panther G and woodfence

Thanks guys smile.gif

I don't tested the fence at night yet. I confess I didn't think about it ! I will try to blur the pixel effect, maybe by increasing the size of the wood boards (word ?), some are very thin. But the main part of the work is now done : I have deleted every little piece of background "behind" the fence in the original photo... ...I prefer to paint a Panther :D

For the Panzer, it is fresh painted from the factory. I plan to decrease the contrast of the camo scheme, because I find too light, too clean. I'm also wondering about one thing : did the Panther G late were, first, painted with red primer at the factory, or in dark yellow ? I've made the roadwheels and bottom hull red, but I hesitate to make it yellow :confused:

Originally posted by Dressler:

Just for you, Vergeltungswaffe, I have an ambush patterned Panzer IV/J almost finished. I used Fernando's CMBO version as a guide for the pattern. Should have some pics up tonight. I planned on having them up last night, but other things got in the way. ;)

Schwiiiiiing! :D

Thank you Dressler. I have a IVH in Fernando ambush is BB but my IVJ is sorely lacking that.

Originally posted by Bogdan:

Good idea Dressler ! It would be possible to copy Fernando's work by using his mod as a guide for the ambush pattern, file after file...

It was definately a time saver. I used his CMBO bmp's just as a rough guide for the pattern because they're usually different dimensions from their CMBB counterparts and you have to make allowances for that. Still, it saved a lot of the headache of making sure that the cammo patterns meet at the correct places along the bmp seams on the finished model.

One nit on the fence. Generally, the fences in the USSR would be constructed almost entirely of wood (as is shown in the picture) with a frame of larger pieces supporting the slats. Using wire to hold the slats together (as I think your mod shows) would be rare. Wire costs money where wood tends not to and is less common in the generally rural and poor USSR of the 1940s. At the same time, wood is fairly scarce some parts of the South, so the tradeoff may go the other way in some parts of the country.

Originally posted by Slappy:

One nit on the fence. Generally, the fences in the USSR would be constructed almost entirely of wood (as is shown in the picture) with a frame of larger pieces supporting the slats. Using wire to hold the slats together (as I think your mod shows) would be rare. Wire costs money where wood tends not to and is less common in the generally rural and poor USSR of the 1940s. At the same time, wood is fairly scarce some parts of the South, so the tradeoff may go the other way in some parts of the country.

...well... why not ? It wouldn't be so difficult to replace the wire by wood and make then two different versions of the mod ;)

I'll keep you informed.

Originally posted by Chappie:

Excuse my ignorance, but where can I get these impressive and other such skins from?

Wow Chappie,you are new tongue.gif:D

Go to the site of all sites for mods CMMODS

Hope you have broadband :D

Edit to add:

You should also check out CM HQ

There you will find a proram called CMMOS.Depending on how technically savy you are,you may want to try it.

[ January 16, 2004, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: nevermind ]