Mod recommendations for CMBB?

Hello, I've decided to do a mass 'install' and 'mod install' of CMBO, CMBB and CMAK, I've gotten CMBO modded to the point where I'm happy with it, thought I'd start with CMBB right now!

I'm looking for any recommendations on mods focused on enhancing the historical accuracy of Russian and German vehicles+troops, Finnish ones would be a plus too!

I'd appreciate any help, especially names etc, I'm registered as CMMods but find the whole task of looking through it a bit daunting!

Doing a mass mod install for CMBB is a pretty scary idea. You'll still be installing mods a year from now and won't ever have gotten around to playing the game.

My suggestion would be to install CMBB cmmos as a start, and then go on from there manually. Only mod for things that you're about to play or have just played. And be aware that there is a lot of shared material between CMBB and CMAK, though sometimes you have to do some renumbering. Spend some time reading the lists of what's available at CMMODS, and use the CMMODS search engine.

Don't take anyone's gospel list of mods too seriously -- there are some real gems buried away in odd places at cmmods that are only right for special situations. Half the fun of modding is discovering some great looking mod texture that you were completely unaware of. People who play these games tend to have very idiosyncratic taste and like some really strange things -- to see what I mean, try starting a thread asking about gridded terrain.

If you want help organising CMMODS here is a quick tip. Go into CMMODS and doing a listing by country. Cut and paste into excel as you visit each page. This will give you a complete listing of all the mods for that country and being in excel you can sort and filter the list. Then pick a mod and click on it in excel and since it is a hyperlink, it will take you straight to that mod!

Great eh!

Originally posted by Gargantou:

Hello, I've decided to do a mass 'install' and 'mod install' of CMBO, CMBB and CMAK, I've gotten CMBO modded to the point where I'm happy with it, thought I'd start with CMBB right now!

I'm looking for any recommendations on mods focused on enhancing the historical accuracy of Russian and German vehicles+troops, Finnish ones would be a plus too!

I'd appreciate any help, especially names etc, I'm registered as CMMods but find the whole task of looking through it a bit daunting!

I bumped an earlier thread that I thought had some really nice suggestions for mods. I wasn't able to link to it.